Advertise or Die 3.0

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Elerian
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Re: Advertise or Die 3.0

Post by Elerian » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:07 pm

Broke into first. With a nice lead of 4 votes. All you Conus people keep carrying the torch. Wake up and vote!
Ailyn
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Ailyn » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:30 am

Woot Woot! I know Aardwolf has a huge playerbase, so it may not last, but to be 1st even for a short time has a nice feeling to it.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
Vaemar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Vaemar » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:09 am

https://s13.postimg.org/5y6nbjr87/FKfirst.jpg

Let's immortalize it then! Congratulations everybody! :)
Elerian
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Elerian » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:14 am

So with the end of the year coming and the holidays right around the corner, now would be a good time to submit a player review of Forgotten Kingdoms, especially if you haven't done so before. These player reviews can be the decision point for someone to give the mud a shot.

Some tips to get the ball rolling:
  • What does the FK and our community mean to you?
    What is your favorite aspect of the Mud?
    What has been your experiences with the other players good or bad?
    If you can send a message back in time to convince yourself to play the mud, what would it be?
    How have you grown as a player from your experience with FK?
Link for player review submission: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/prev/ ... n+Kingdoms
Vaemar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Vaemar » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:10 am

First place and holding. Keep up the good work, guys. :)
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:00 pm

Looks like #1 isn't a chance thing that we are to lose after the first week passes. It's ours by fair margin at this point, and I just want to say how proud and happy that makes me.
Most of you know by this point how much our TMC rank means to me. I had spent a significant length of time bumping this thread with daily reminders, and I am sure many of you are thankful I have stopped spamming about it so much (seems we do better without the spam anyway!). The value I place on TMC rank is mostly because I found FK through TMC after my old MUD died off and when my desire to play another sparked anew, but it is also because of how much I love seeing our game grow as a community. It has become not uncommon for us to start seeing 30 players online again, which is something altogether beautiful on its own.
January will make it five years since TMC brought me to FK. That we look like we might be stepping into January in the #1 slot just makes me jump for joy, and that all these many players are about for it only makes me happier still.
Thank you staff for continuing to give us such a great game, and thank you to everyone who has been voting or putting great effort into their RP. As we gain new players, we shape and lead the way of how they will grow and play this game by being examples of strong roleplay and sportsmanship ourselves, and I am thankful to see so many players take this role very seriously.

p.s. don't forget to vote!
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:27 am

Thanks for your work and contributions also
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Rhytania
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Rhytania » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:59 am

Being the original creator of this thread I am also happy. Over a decade ago we where hitting a critical point where our numbers where starting to stagnate a bit. I titled it Advertise or Die specifically as a call to action to start taking some time to do the simple things to get the word out about this amazing game. That original thread got lost, but thanks to the imms, for resurrecting it back to life via 2.0 and 3.0. Seeing our lead continue to grow makes me happy everytime I vote. Good jobs guys and let's keep getting the word out!
Danik
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Danik » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:35 pm

Keep voting! Aardwolf is gaining on us.
Ailyn
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Ailyn » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:55 pm

Haha, no, they are falling further behind by the day!
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:05 pm

We are currently beating games with active player bases cited as being between three to four times the size of ours*. That's impressive. Keep voting, folks.

(We generally have between 20-30 players online and the current second and third place games advertise more than 100 and more than 50 players minimum, respectively.)
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Vaemar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Vaemar » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:54 am

So we are back and we did not lose the lead!

We are down to only about 25 votes over the runner-up, so vote folks. :)
Ailyn
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Ailyn » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:19 am

So, we are only 10 ahead now. Come on, we have had the lead for this long, let us keep it up!
Vaemar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Vaemar » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:58 pm

We lead only by 5 at the moment, vote folks!
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:01 pm

Vote early and vote often, folks. We're keeping our five vote lead for now but we have awoken the sleeping giants.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Andreas
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Andreas » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:15 am

We're tied for 1st with Armageddon! Let's vote, y'all!
Helm keep thee.
Danik
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Danik » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:55 pm

Still tied. Vote one!
Valas
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Valas » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:00 am

It's because of this vote drive i have been compelled to try FR again after seeing it number 1 on TMC.

i tried a mage probably a year ago and gave up after a week. Now i am back as a priest with the aim to become a druid which i hope is easier.

I also voted just now :)
Vaemar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Vaemar » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:57 pm

Welcome aboard, Valas. :)

And we made it back to number one! Keep up the good work guys!
Vaemar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Vaemar » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:03 pm

These website crashes have been hitting hard on our lead.

Let's keep up the good work and voteeeeeeeee!