Advertise or Die 3.0

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Narishmar
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Re: Advertise or Die 3.0

Post by Narishmar » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:29 pm

Ask not what your MUD can do for you, ask what you can do for your MUD. Get out there and vote people!
Aunwald Briggs - Magic and fun all in one!
RIP - Kulgar, your time came too early!
Velgar Ryekin - Honor is as honor does.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:53 pm

Slow and steady wins the race. I'm so glad to see that our consistent voting is pushing us deeper in the TMC Top 10 as early-month enthusiasm for other games dies off.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Areia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Areia » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:16 am

TMC resets at midnight!
Nascentes morimur, finisque ab origine pendet.
Skylar
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Skylar » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:28 am

Reset has happened. Vote folks!
"Some of us try hard to make the world a better place than it was when we found it. I know that's what I try to do. I won't always be successful, but that's life."
~Kara Zor-El
Fenith
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Fenith » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:42 am

Image (at least, right now)
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:51 am

http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... n+Kingdoms
The link, because the new layout may be confusing and some folks might've missed Harry's post. With the forum being different, and not showing the reminder link at the top, our voting turnout will likely be lighter than usual. Please remember to vote guys, we have to compensate for how hard it is with greater fervor! We're in the #2 spot, let's try to stay here or climb to #1!
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:59 pm

TMC has reset totally. The button above is back, but will not work at least for the immediate future. (The site seems to suggest it will work again.)

To vote on TMC, please go to the main website and convert your account by following these steps:
1) Navigate to http://www.mudconnect.com/
2) Select Menu (top right on header) to open menu options on the left hand side of your screen or select the person icon (center of header)
3) Select login and login as normal
4) Select the person icon (center of header) and follow the instructions to convert your account
5) Vote manually

Here is Iccy's post on the new TMC forums about the change.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Areia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Areia » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:53 am

Thanks, Harroghty. The new site is a giant PITA to navigate but I managed eventually with your help.

I can't remember whether we have any active screen reader users aside from myself but just in case: The icon to which Harroghty referred will show up to you as a link labeled cgi-bin/login, above the menu button. Just search for the first instance of login on the page; that's the link you'll need to convert your account.

As well, when voting, the site no longer takes you to a new page when you hit the vote link, but rather super fancily (and super inaccessibly) adds to the page's bottom portion a block of text which your screen reader might not detect (JAWS doesn't, anyway). Once you activate the link, just navigate to the last heading on the page. The button to confirm the vote is actually not a proper html button so may seem to you just like normal text. Hit enter on it as you would any other button, and you should see it replaced with the confirmation message when you read the line again.

Hope that helps. It took me ages to figure out what was going on. Woohoo for screen reader unfriendly content.
Nascentes morimur, finisque ab origine pendet.
Skylar
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Skylar » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:10 pm

I'm sorry to hear it's not user friendly for you Areia. It'll probably turn off a lot of people from Mudconnect, considering Blindness isn't so uncommon among MUDders as some would think.

For ease of access, this is the link to FK's page on Mudconnect.

https://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/sear ... n+Kingdoms
"Some of us try hard to make the world a better place than it was when we found it. I know that's what I try to do. I won't always be successful, but that's life."
~Kara Zor-El
Skylar
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Skylar » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:42 pm

It's been awhile, and we've slipped to 19th place. Let's try to get good about voting again! The link below brings you to the game's page on Mud Connector!

https://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/sear ... n+Kingdoms
~Kara Zor-El