[SPELL COMPONENTS] Foci

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Dalmil
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

[SPELL COMPONENTS] Foci

Post by Dalmil » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:19 pm

Allow spells that use foci to target worn objects that meet the spells criteria.

i.e. The spell "armor" uses a piece of hide as a focus, but to use the spell the hide must be in a spellpouch or in your inventory. With this revision, you would be able to cast the spell as long as you were wearing an item that is made of hide.
-Dalmil the Magician
Sei
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Re: [SPELL COMPONENTS] Foci

Post by Sei » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:39 pm

I was sure that this already worked... Holy symbols that are worn still count as foci for prayers that require them. Is this not the case with other items?
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:10 pm

Items that are held or worn can be used as components while being held or worn. Hide armours though are not coded to be used as spell components.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Dalmil
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Dalmil » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:22 pm

Ah, I was unaware that they already did that, but then again there aren't many arcane spells in game that use a focus to test it on.. mostly material from what I have gathered so far, then again, maybe I just haven't found many and there are several. Either way, its good to know that its already been implemented.
-Dalmil the Magician