Item Layer Change Review

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Item Layer Change Review

Post by Harroghty » Sun May 23, 2010 11:14 pm

Hi. I am looking into items with changed layers and will work with Mask to return some of them to their previous status. Please post here with items that changed layers recently that you would like me to investigate. Thank you.

(Again, posting here does not guarantee that the item will return to its previous layer, but it only means that I will investigate the item and submit recommendations to Mask.)
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Aveline
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Item Layer Change Review

Post by Aveline » Sun May 23, 2010 11:41 pm

Does this include items that are now 'padded armour' and so we cannot wear them underneath other things?
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Sun May 23, 2010 11:56 pm

Ones I have discovered thus far include:

hunting boots of blood-stained unicorn hide (perfect)
-Were once worn layer over on the feet, now worn as armour
(No, not on Aldren :))

(Glowing) (Humming) a bright cowl (perfect)
Was once layer under on the head, now is worn as armour even though it is type energy.

a lythari badge of rank (perfect)
Was once layer over on arms, now is layer armour
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Mon May 24, 2010 12:01 am

Aveline: Yes. The idea is to see which of these items make sense to keep as armor and which do not.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Cret » Mon May 24, 2010 3:33 am

hunting boots of blood-stained unicorn hide (perfect)
-Were once worn layer over on the feet, now worn as armour
They used to not offer any protection as armor. They now do.
Alfrid
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Alfrid » Mon May 24, 2010 3:44 am

"a woolen jupon with three swords barwise" -- used to be layer over, presumably renamed from some kind of surcoat, now layer armour. The original item, whatever it is, is probably a bigger concern than this specific one.
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Mon May 24, 2010 6:01 am

Oilskin Hood and Oilskin Cloak are now worn as armour but used to be worn as over armour. They are light leather armour

A quilted tunic, this used to be under armour but is now armour and is classified as padded light armour.

a cloth coat, the fruit trimmed hat and bowler hat in the emporium are made of cloth and may have changed from over layers to armour layer.

a hooded pallid cloak and a pallid hood are now armour layer, but should be layer over armour.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Liandria
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Liandria » Mon May 24, 2010 6:09 am

(Glowing) Weaveglow

It is a supplicated item, and offers no actual defense, instead of being worn close to the skin it is now wearable as armor, which means to use it I cannot equip my plate gauntlets, leaving the hands very vulnerable. I think it should be wearable under the armor, since it is not an item that IC makes sense to be removed or "stored" anywhere else.
Liandria, Servant of Mystery
Aveline
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Aveline » Mon May 24, 2010 3:50 pm

the weaveglow is i1260

And another one is (1288) simple blue robes .
These are the robes Gesine got when she was made FM of Mystra. She used to be able to wear stuff under them but now she cannot. Gesine cannot wear anything under her robes :oops: . They are now coded as padded armor.
Liandria
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Liandria » Mon May 24, 2010 8:07 pm

She's commando! Bet there are some shorter races who will be disappointed when that's fixed.

Not sure if other item corrections are welcome here, but there is a "a large leather backpack" in the Tymoran temple in silverymoon, it is layered correctly, but it covers up everything on the "body position" when worn. It needs to be coded to show items beneath it, since it shouldn't completely hide breastplate, dress, or whatever else is being worn on the body.
Liandria, Servant of Mystery
Moloch
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Moloch » Tue May 25, 2010 12:09 am

i11530
i11838

Thanks.
"My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to survive."
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Tue May 25, 2010 1:39 am

I have investigated all of these. Please continue to send in items that you believe are changed incorrectly. Again, there is no guarantee that they will be changed back.
Moloch
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Moloch » Tue May 25, 2010 2:51 am

i6207
i6208

Thanks again.
"My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to survive."
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Tue May 25, 2010 3:19 am

My mule and pony cannot wear their saddle bags and saddle blankets together anymore either. I only get the "ok." echo when ordering them to wear saddlebags when their already wear a saddle blanket. Before, they wore both without issue.

Bags and blankets are from Waukeen temple stables.
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Khelebhzed
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

'a dark purple pouch' is a belt?

Post by Khelebhzed » Tue May 25, 2010 6:55 am

The Talonite supplicated object, 'a dark purple pouch' is worn -as- a belt, rather than -on- a belt. Unless it works as a spell pouch too, it would make more sense for it to be a middle or under layer on the belt.
It can be picked up, worn about the waist.
It fits loosely over things.
It is medium in size.
“Charity degrades those who receive it and hardens those who dispense it.” - George Sand
“He who is only just is cruel. Who on earth could live were all judged justly?” - Lord Byron
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Tue May 25, 2010 2:39 pm

The Corellite Sky-blue cloak which is silk and turned into padded armour and cannot be worn next to other armour anymore.
Weit in der Champagne im Mittsommergrün,
dort, wo zwischen Grabkreuzen Mohnblumen blühn,
da flüstern die Gräser und wiegen sich leicht
im Wind, der sanft über das Gräberfeld streicht.
Brar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Brar » Tue May 25, 2010 2:50 pm

ponies from Golden Oak can't wear a saddle blanket and a saddle coming also from golden oak at the same time.
Your friendly house-elf,
Brar
Keltorn
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Keltorn » Tue May 25, 2010 6:18 pm

a bandolier worn across the chest (perfect)

This is worn on the body and used to fit over top of everything (you could wear an undershirt, a shirt, and a cloak and still wear this). Now it takes up the entire body slot.
"Let all on whom Her light falls be welcome if they desire. Trust in Her radiance, and know that all love alive under Her light shall know her blessing. Promote acceptance and tolerance. See all other beings as equals."
Zorinar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

spidersilk clothes reported as padded armor

Post by Zorinar » Wed May 26, 2010 3:20 am

Hi, I received this message today:
You realise that you are not proficient in using padded armour, and will
be clumsy while wearing spidersilk leggings.
You slip into spidersilk leggings.

I looked at it and the description says:
They are skin tight leggings made of spidersilk and dyed black.

Just wondering if this the spidersilk is considered padded armor now or if there was a glitch somewhere?

Z
Seek ye victory? Ye shall eventually find defeat.
Seek ye defeat? Ye shall most certainly find it.
Seek ye nothing? Then all ye can find is victory.
Jaenoic
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Jaenoic » Wed May 26, 2010 6:35 pm

"a quilted tunic" used to be layer under but is now layer armor(It is classified as padded armor).