New Area Idea

For builders to discuss and ask building questions.
Arnof
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

New Area Idea

Post by Arnof » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:34 am

Looking to code up the next area and wanted to see if anyone had any opinions about my idea(s).

For all of my years around and the dozens of characters I've developed, good and evil, I don't really ever find myself spending any significant amount of time on the eastern part of the map. So, I've pondered why and I think that's probably because I like to spend time in big cities. Westgate's awesome, sure, but I typically don't RP my characters like a Westgate frequenter.

So, I'm thinking of starting work on Bezantur. From what I've read, it's massive. So, I'd want to have it rolled out in stages probably. Mostly like districts. I think that'd be easy to stomach. It's also incredibly diverse which leaves opportunities for toooons of RP as well as development.

So... Who wants to have a city pop up in Thay? I really do and I'd like to have some of you help me with it too if anyone's interested. I do have a PDF from source materials that describes the whole place, but I don't really want to post it outright. Copyrights and all that good stuff.

What do you think?

B
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: New Area Idea

Post by Selveem » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:01 am

If this receives a positive vote and if you need any soft builders: I'm willing to help out.
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Solaghar
Staff
Staff

Post by Solaghar » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

There is already a Bezantur coded and about 90% finished. Maybe if you want to work on that, you could add your own portions to it. It's a large city, 200 vnums.
Nearraba
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nearraba » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:04 pm

Would be neat to have it finished.

& I'd offer my help as a soft coder. :)
Autumn is a second spring where every leaf has its turn to be a flower.
- Albert Camus
Arnof
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Arnof » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:27 am

It has certainly been a while, but I am back and committed to playing and building again so if I could get a hold of the .are for this one, I'd super appreciate it. I see it in the SVN trunk, but can't get my fingers on it.

Thanks everyone, I look forward to helping see this through.

B
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Post by Lirith » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:37 am

Bezantur is finished now. :)
Arnof
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Arnof » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:41 am