[feat] Penetrating strike

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Zanven
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

[feat] Penetrating strike

Post by Zanven » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:25 pm

With this feat trained thieves would be able to backstab / circle-stab creatures he isn't able (golems, undead... ) but he does it at half the damage that would do if his opponent was a creature normally affected by sneak-attack.
Zanven, Rilun, Dalio.
Nylo
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: [feat] Penetrating strike

Post by Nylo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:59 am

If you're doing only half damage - then what good is it? I don't know the numbers, but I don't expect a half-damage stab is going to do much more than a normal strike would. Also, golems and undead are immune for a reason - this skill represents stabbing a vital area, spine/heart/lungs/etc. Which golems and undead haven't got.
Nylo, Fighter of Tempus
Anver, Transmuter of Garl
Malic, Cleric of Tyr
Luthir, Druid of Mielikki
Zanven
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Zanven » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:33 pm

I don't know the numbers either but in D&D a rogue's stab at level 20 would cause up to 10D6, it would be entirely different if in FK rogue's stab is watered-down in which case it would not be a worth (neither the feat or the ability).
Zanven, Rilun, Dalio.
Nylo
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nylo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Ah, okay. For some reason I was thinking it was only like 2d6 plus weaken for backstab. But without a vital spot, it's not going to do more damage than any other hit.
Nylo, Fighter of Tempus
Anver, Transmuter of Garl
Malic, Cleric of Tyr
Luthir, Druid of Mielikki
Zanven
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Zanven » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:39 am

Yup, the idea behind this feat is that for those creatures without weak spots you are able to penetrarte their defenses and find something similar to a weak spot but without being it entirely (thus making half-stab damage not full)
Zanven, Rilun, Dalio.