Thanks Mask (and all the FK staff)

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Zanven
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Thanks Mask (and all the FK staff)

Post by Zanven » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:22 am

Thanks for these last modifications, in my opinion they have added a whole new dimension to FK with much more deep.
Zanven, Rilun, Dalio.
Lylena
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Thanks Mask (and all the FK staff)

Post by Lylena » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:41 am

Because it relates by title-

I just want to say thank you to all the staff and their effort they've put in to the mud. I know sometimes it seems like it's unappreciated effort with much of the feedback coming back as Change this or Better that. But in the end, it needs to be said, we all appreciate you.

Well, I do, at the very least. Even though I don't understand mechanics and stuff.

Thanks! :D
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you."
Such is the rule of honor.
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:27 am

Thank you for all the effort! It's greatly appreciated.
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Nylo
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nylo » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:42 am

*agrees* This new system is awesome. We really appreciate all the hard work, both on that and on just general bug fixes. Thank you Mask and staff!
Nylo, Fighter of Tempus
Anver, Transmuter of Garl
Malic, Cleric of Tyr
Luthir, Druid of Mielikki
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:12 am

I've also found the recent changes to the combat system to benefit the players. The changes and adjustments have been timely and well rounded as well the notifications of these changes have been forthcoming, documented and well explained. No awful surprises and mysterious changes. Its a good thing and it shows that the game is dedicated to trusting the player base and increasing the playability of the mud. Keep it up.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Pakur
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Pakur » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:25 am

FK helped me through my years as a teenager, bored, alone and home-schooled in the middle of the sticks on a 28.8k Net Zero internet connection with no friends for 20 miles. I am truly grateful growing up as a part of this MUD. Thank you everyone; players and staff alike, for being here. But most of all... thank you Mask for saving FK from death. If it had gone just a little differently, I would never have met or witnessed the most inspiring roleplayers I have ever met.

Edited: Shortened post
Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent. - Napoleon Hill
Lysha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lysha » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:16 am

Oh man, for real. Thank you, Mask, for saving the MUD!
Your punch viciously hammers a shark's abdomen.
A shark is stunned, but will probably recover.

http://www.elfonlyinn.net/d/20070925.html
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:18 pm

I'd like to echo this. Without the help of builders, coders, testers, bug reporters, imms and admins alike, FK would not have survived (and thrived) to be the place that it is today. Marty did us all the favor of dragging the MUD away from impending doom and revitalizing it in more ways than one. I've said it hundreds of times before, but thank you to all the staff of FK for helping keep this game and its players close to my heart for the past decade(+). Hard work and volunteer hours have not been put to waste - you've created a fantastic world that would not be the same (or even exist) without you all.

Cheers, crew.
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Anguin
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Anguin » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:29 pm

I recently started a new character. I pulled a cure crit potion out of my backpack and my opponent got an attack of opportunity on me. While I wan't overjoyed about taking the extra damage, I thought to myself, "That's pretty cool. That's the way it should be."

Thanks to everyone who makes this game what it should be.
Trillarel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Trillarel » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:32 am

I have to echo all the thanks given here - FK has proven to be quite an enjoyable game in the last half-year.