[SPELL] Heal

This contains bug reports which the test team have confirmed and are now in the queue to be fixed.
Hrosskell
Staff
Staff

[SPELL] Heal

Post by Hrosskell » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:47 am

During (and after) adventuring today, my group noticed some new messages tied to the "heal" spell. Apparently this spell now has an effect added on to it that reads "!Heal!" in yellow. I recall this being similar to the old backstab warning that would sometimes show when it wasn't supposed to. I'm also thinking this is a side effect:

Code: Select all

Lylena begins to chant.
Lylena utters the words, 'pzar'.
Trevallis is filled with regenerative positive energy!
Lylena begins to chant.
[b]Lylena utters the words, 'pzar'.
Unaware of the futility, Lylena tries to heal Trevallis.[/b]
Lylena begins to chant.
Lylena utters the words, 'pzar'.
Trevallis is filled with regenerative positive energy!
Doesn't seem to be working as intended, as heal should not have a miss chance unless used aggressively, the character in question (presumably) has no spell resistance, and it has a base heal amount attached (all of this as per d20srd).
Jamais arriere.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Re: [SPELL] Heal

Post by Raona » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:54 am

The echo comes about because the Heal spell now strips poison, and it does so by granting poison immunity for one round. This is what causes the echo to be visible (after the one round duration has elapsed). I'm guessing every spell needs to have a wearoff echo entry, even if it is not (supposed to be) used, so I'm thinking of changing this one to read
{B0}You feel the weight of illness and infirmity lifted from your frame.
Does that make sense?

My guess is that Trevallis had some low % spell immunity cast on him, and that is why the first casting attempt failed. Plausible?
Hrosskell
Staff
Staff

Post by Hrosskell » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:58 am

Here's what I was thinking--could that after-effect (which seems new) cause the failure? If cast while the effect lingers, heal could fail?
Jamais arriere.
Gorwin
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Gorwin » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:15 am

Nope. No spell immunities that I am aware of. Only spell that had been on him had been stoneskin but that wore off before the healing. He is a half-elf though so they might have a racial resistance i am not aware of.
Enig
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Enig » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:24 am

I'm thinking Hrosskell's right- that it failed because the spell hadn't worn off yet. If I understand things properly (I'm half guessing) it should be easily fixed by adding the SF_RECASTABLE flag to the spell.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:53 am

Enig wrote:I'm thinking Hrosskell's right- that it failed because the spell hadn't worn off yet. If I understand things properly (I'm half guessing) it should be easily fixed by adding the SF_RECASTABLE flag to the spell.
I think you are guessing right. It looks like someone smart already resolved the problem on the testport (and with hardcode, since the spell code looks identical...that would be Mask!); this should transfer over to the game port soon. In the meantime, don't spam-cast heal (more often than once per round on the same target). You can tell the fix is in if heal no longer shows as an effect when cast.
Tyeslan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tyeslan » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:29 am

Raona wrote:
Enig wrote:I'm thinking Hrosskell's right- that it failed because the spell hadn't worn off yet. If I understand things properly (I'm half guessing) it should be easily fixed by adding the SF_RECASTABLE flag to the spell.
I think you are guessing right. It looks like someone smart already resolved the problem on the testport (and with hardcode, since the spell code looks identical...that would be Mask!); this should transfer over to the game port soon. In the meantime, don't spam-cast heal (more often than once per round on the same target). You can tell the fix is in if heal no longer shows as an effect when cast.
This is still happening. Will it be brought out soon?
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:25 am

Tyeslan wrote:This is still happening. Will it be brought out soon?
Only Mask has the power to update the hard code on the game port, I think. He's rather busy with a newborn at the moment!
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:05 am

This still seems to be happening.

Code: Select all

You begin to chant.
A toothed metal cog on a chain glows briefly.
A vial of blessed water glows briefly.
You channel regenerative positive energy into Sarecer.
You begin to chant.
A toothed metal cog on a chain glows briefly.
A vial of blessed water glows briefly.
Sarecer seems to shake off the affects of your touch.
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:35 am

Moved this back to confirmed bugs, as it is not resolved but still very much happening. :)
Beshaba potatoes.