Details on mpinfect

For builders to discuss and ask building questions.
Areia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Details on mpinfect

Post by Areia » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:29 pm

I've not been able to find anything in posts or the lessons on the mpinfect command, except "Infects the target with disease." As usual, my apologies ahead of time if I've missed something.

I'm just looking to get some general info about this command, if possible.

What kind of disease does it cause?
What effects does the disease have on its victims (e.g., does it decrease CON or some other stat(s) by some fixed or random amount? Does it decrease HP? Mental state? etc.)?
How long does it last? I assume it's indefinite until the target gets a cure disease spell?
...The cure disease spell does cure it, right?
And does the command make a check against target's appropriate saving throw (fort?) by itself, or do builders have to write checks to that effect themselves?

I know this can probably wait until testing when I'll have some real life mobs and things to play with, and if that's preferred, I'll do that. I just like to plan a bit ahead if possible so I know whether this is something I'll use and how to use it.

Much thanks. :)
Nascentes morimur, finisque ab origine pendet.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Details on mpinfect

Post by Harroghty » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:46 pm

I've never used this before, but one would have to specify the disease from the bit list (detail to be added in testing). Generally I would just use mpaffect or something like that.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Areia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Details on mpinfect

Post by Areia » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:08 pm

Got it. Thanks a ton, Harroghty. :)
Nascentes morimur, finisque ab origine pendet.