We Appreciate Mele

Harroghty
Staff
Staff

We Appreciate Mele

Post by Harroghty » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:53 am

I think that everyone in this game has been helped, encouraged, or just plain provided for by Mele during their tenure as player or staff. You might have seen that she's having a rough time right now and so it might be a good time to record how much we appreciate her.

Mele and I were not always very close. Still, when we had cause to work together as a part of the game's stuff I came to really appreciate Mele's enthusiasm and creativity. Still do! I appreciate also that she's been willing to add an open-minded perspective (despite how close-minded other people might be at any given time).
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: We Appreciate Mele

Post by Yemin » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:00 am

When I first started playing here. I felt Mele and I butted heads quite a bit. Dunno, we were just that right combination of people to both say completely reasonable things and yet somehow not see eye to eye. But that faded and ended as I played more and got more used to the rythm of the game.

I appreciated all the little visible things she would do. Like typo fixes and popping on IMMINVIS to spur roleplay. Not to mention the zones implemented. To me, some of the most enjoyable sessions I have logged is when she would flood the mud with rp, comedy or death. I have not yet gotten my Mele quota lately and I have noticed and missed it. So I hope you can hit your groove again soon.
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:09 am

Mele has been a fixture in the game for over a decade and has worked very hard to manage the playerbase and various other systems. She's provided dynamic roleplay and supported and expanded services that could not otherwise exist without proper stewardship. I wish her all the best and hope to see her back on the game and forums soon.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:12 am

Mele was one of my earliest friends when I arrived here. She had the patience of a saint for my constant questions (which had to have been astoundingly annoying). She has always been fair with me, even as we seem to have drifted apart.
I know life has its ups and downs, but I hope you are doing well Mele. You have had a lasting impact on this game, one I seem to see more and more of as I notice your work in places I had not really looked before.
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Enig
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Enig » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:33 am

Yeah, I can definitely say I'm quite grateful for Mele's involvement with the game, in her capacity as both a player and a staff member. For as long as I've known her she's gone out of her way to help make the MUD a better place for all of us however she could, be that running events as a mort or building new areas as an imm. Most of the little holiday gifts we've picked up were hatched by her, and she single-handedly ran the adventurer's board mini-quests, not to mention the far more numerous and thankless behind the scenes stuff. It's a lot of work, and it's really added up to make the place feel more alive.

So cheers to you, Mele! It's your enthusiasm and dedication that's helped the MUD feel active and welcoming even during our quietest slumps.
Andreas
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Andreas » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:09 am

Although I left the game for a number of years, I was glad to know when I came back that Mele was still around playing and that she had joined the staff. She has always been a consistently good player with a lot to contribute!
Helm keep thee.
Ariala
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Ariala » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:18 am

I've known Mele for years. Though we haven't always kept in contact, when we do it's the best time of my life. She always knows how to make someone laugh. It's been a while since we've talked but I'll always love her to pieces!
Three can keep a secret if two are dead.
Areia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Areia » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:38 am

I remember back when I played Dol really wanting to get into some in-depth healer RP, but when I learned that herbalism and other things weren't yet implemented, I lost hope in that RP becoming a thing. Then Mele took, like, over an hour with me and got me a bunch of awesome RP items (things that didn't actually do anything, but that could facilitate the RP I was looking for) and showed me how I could get started and all. Mele, you were the one to offer me my first FM job (a Christmas present I'll never forget). You got me interested in and helped me become a part of the Player Council. You've helped a number of my alts with things I won't add here for the game's sake but all of which I remember, even though most often I hadn't even realized it was you at the time. You got me interested in building. You provided most if not all the awesome holiday events I've been a part of. You even took the time to host those super chaotic and massively amusing battle royals during the times when the game wasn't saving our characters correctly, lol. And I would be surprised to find there aren't more things you, either as player or imm, have done to help me personally that I remain ignorant to. You've made up some really fantastic characters--some of the most well researched, well played, and enjoyable characters I've yet seen--and provided so much interesting and engaging RP opportunities for others--Sunstars along with Alth, Adventurer's Guild, super auctions that I don't even know how you managed, to name only a few. We played twins, which was an immensely enjoyable RP for me, even though I admittedly dropped the ball on that PC until somewhat recently to ensure I was making enough time for Areia, my FM character. More than all that, though, you've been one of the closest friends I've had the pleasure to make since I found FK, and I very much hope we can continue to share laughs and times good and bad on the game for years to come. I can't tell you how many times I've been sitting around doing nothing lately and thought to myself, "I wish mele were around." I can only hope I've provided the tiniest fraction of fun for you that you have for me. I miss you lots, and hope you get better soon so we can resume our girlish talks of having children and plots against mer--I mean, ah, the other fun things we do together. <3
Nascentes morimur, finisque ab origine pendet.
Tyeslan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tyeslan » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:19 pm

Mele has been one of my longest, and best friends since I started the game. I can honestly say that her ideas, and every RP she has ever run, have been an inspiration to become a better player over the years, and find more ideas, and better RP because of her. She's done so much here, and it's always outstanding when she's around to help, and RP!! Her creativity is priceless!

<3 <3 I miss you
Mask
Staff
Staff

Post by Mask » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:49 pm

Mele,

Sorry to hear that you're having a rough time at the moment, I've been there and it is over whelming. Harroghty did exactly the right thing to remind you how much everyone here appreciates you and everything you have done for us in the Forgotten Kingdoms community. Your enthusiasm, hard work, humour and 'gentle' nudges to me over the years have been much appreciated. We are all poorer for your absence.

I hope you feel better soon.

Ma[sk|rtin]
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:28 pm

I don't know how to word what this means.

I cried.

It means a lot.

Thank you.
Beshaba potatoes.
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:32 am

Gladd to see you.

Makes me feel something approaching worthwhile knowing that I helped help someone so thank you as well.
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Lysha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lysha » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:58 pm

Late to the party, here, but I felt I should chime in.

It is easy to say that you have always had a hand in some of my fondest memories of this game. You add an element to this game, that wouldn't be there with out your guiding hand.

I hope you are feeling better at this point in time. Love you, girl! You rock!
Your punch viciously hammers a shark's abdomen.
A shark is stunned, but will probably recover.

http://www.elfonlyinn.net/d/20070925.html
Mouat
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Mouat » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:47 pm

As someone who has gone through a lot himself in the past and currently, Mele, taking time for yourself is important and crucial. We havn't played much together (that I know of, I'm horrible at remember who's who), but I wish you all the best. You've always been good at responding to questions for advice or help on these forums or in other mediums.

Cheers.
Aveline
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Aveline » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:31 pm

Ever since I started playing this game, you have been a fixture in my game. Either through playing with one of your characters, or through some of the awesomeness you bestow upon everyone as a staff member. You helped me learn the game, and pointed me in the right direction when I was screwing things up. Some of my favorite game moments have been the stupid little square moments, or silly RPs that no one really had to take the time to do. Anyone remember the results when Scruff stayed over at the Temple of Beauty one too many nights ?? This game would not be where it is now without you, and I'm sure you put the same kind of love and dedication into your real life. Missed you tons while I was gone, and I hope you are feeling better soon. You have all kinds of people pulling for you!
Zethanon
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Zethanon » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:52 am

c resurrection

Thank you. To you and the others who help the cogs move in the background. You guys sacrifice a lot of your personal time to see things continue to run, and it's appreciated.
You'll shed your blood, your bodies fall. That is the price you'll pay to cleanse you of your sins. Vicious and cruel, let's kill them all.
Let's kill them all.
Rordan
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Rordan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:05 am

You've been here for as long as I can remember, helping to make the game fun and keeping all of us little minions happily plodding away through our playtime with little things here and there. You've dealt with me when I've been dumb, and you've always treated me fairly during those times. This game would not be the same without you, and I appreciate all the time and effort you put in for all of us, helping us to have fun and enhancing the way we play.

TL:DR You're awesome, stay that way!
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:02 am

Apparently I missed this dig when it was needed in the way back when, but wanting to chime in on the here and now all of the above still stand. We've had our own rp's over the years and you are always incredibly thoughtful and make our people feel even more unique than we make them by your special attention to the little things. You are indeed a part of the Mud, at its core. A leader and advocate for mortals and immortals alike you're guidance has been critical and making sure this escape has remained for all of us. Thank you kindly, for growing up with me, helping to shape me and the person I have become today.

Much love to you miss Mele. Much love.
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
George
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by George » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:25 pm

You know how much I love and appreciate you, but I'm going to join in throwing it out there for all to see. Even with years of gaps between talking, it's as if we never missed a day when we do talk.

And your work on FK is untouchable.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.
Althasizor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Althasizor » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:14 pm

You do alright, Neeks.
What are you talking about? What, that guy?
That was like that when I got here.