Salvatore's Hero

Danik
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Salvatore's Hero

Post by Danik » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:00 pm

I just finished Hero and the book seemed to have some big implications for the future of the realms.
I don't want to spoil anything, don't read the next post if you don't want spoilers.
Danik
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Re: Salvatore's Hero

Post by Danik » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:04 pm

For one Zaknafein has returned and this perhaps throws Lolths motivations into question.
Also it hinted that the Drow may be able to change and Lolth with them.
What do you think?
Vaemar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Vaemar » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:32 pm

Danik wrote:For one Zaknafein has returned and this perhaps throws Lolths motivations into question.
Also it hinted that the Drow may be able to change and Lolth with them.
What do you think?
The Horror! The Horror! o_o
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:36 am

Dammit bob. I thought you learnt your lesson from the whole, companions of the hall revival. The second run of a long past rock group never works out as good as the original. Never!

While generally post spell plague material is refreshing and the legend of Drizzt is one of my guilty pleasures. I feel the revival of old characters is dumb. I don't think Salvatore is doing it for popularity and probably simply likes his characters and the type of writing those characters evoke in him. Still. Tiago was fantastic, Affafrenfir and Efryn or however you spell their names were amazing replacements. And bejuses I have been waiting for a series wide team up of Drizzt and Entrari for about 20 books and he only keeps that going for like 2 books the bastard.

Either way, at this point i'm only reading drizzt for the oddly interesting introspective chapters and the cheap inuendos. If Zac is back and there's no talk of the double thrust low, middle or high i'll be disappointed.
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Danik
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Danik » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:17 am

I generally agree and thought that the last few Salvatore books were somewhat of a disappointment. However, I actually really enjoyed this one, it felt fresh and like something new was about to happen. While the characters are back they seem to be developing their own motivations this time, instead of being sidekicks in Bruenor's and Drizzt's various adventures. The ending left me feeling like we might be seeing a different kind of adventure from them in the future.

I'm interested to see what the Drizzt's child will become.

Also Drizzt might become a monk.. which would be awesome!