Future Events

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Amira
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Future Events

Post by Amira » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:35 am

In the past few months I have noticed something that actually makes me a little sad: no people showing up at events. I can't speak for the other faith managers of course but I have had several months in a row without anyone showing up for the events I had planned. And as you can imagine that is very discouraging.

Now, I actually do enjoy hosting those events and so I thought I'd ask you people what the problem is.
Is the topic/event itself not interesting?
Is it a bad time?
Do you not like to play evils or with evils?
Would you like more IC organization?

How can we go back to the events that at least I found entertaining?

I am open for any suggestions, really.
Mikhail
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Re: Future Events

Post by Mikhail » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:09 pm

I love your events and really do want to attend more. I'd planned to go to the First Kiss last night, but food poisoning and an anxiety attack hit. I'm so sorry. I will redouble my efforts to attend the next event no matter what. :oops:
If no one matters in the afterlife but you, you will rule the afterlife.
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Post by Lirith » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:24 pm

Whether or not I make an effort to go to an event depends on the following:
1. Time (I'm in a different timezone to most, so if it's in the evening in the US chances are I won't be there)
2. Type of people expect to attend - I won't generally go to an event that is going to predominantly evils
3. Type of event - this is the most important factor for me. If it's yet another "gathering" I won't usually bother unless I have a specific IC reason to go. There are so many of these types of events and I find they aren't all that interesting unless they are out of the ordinary (e.g. the play that was done a good while back), or something that requires real interaction from attendees.
Vaemar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Vaemar » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:28 pm

A little late to the party here, but I still felt like posting.

I really enjoyed Siria's events in the past, especially for the creative and inclusive ways in which she organized them. Time zone was sometimes an issue, as I am in Europe, but lately the issue I had with events and the whole game has simply been that I did not have much time for playing the game. :/

Things like those events are among those I miss the most from the game, though, so it's sad to read that. I really hope you will find a way to make more people interested. But in general I just wanted to say that what you did, Siria, is awesome. Take care. :)
Ithrael
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Ithrael » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:57 am

I've not played much in the recent months, but I'm making the attempt to get back into the game. I've been missing the RP and the pc's that put so much effort into playing and making these characters come to life. I will endeavour to put more effort into making these events when work allows in the months to come. :D
Narishmar
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Narishmar » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:53 pm

Been a while since I played myself, only got back in to things these last couple of months. There are many events I skip out on personally merely because I don't play a character that would attend based on IC preference.
Aunwald Briggs - Magic and fun all in one!
RIP - Kulgar, your time came too early!
Velgar Ryekin - Honor is as honor does.