Teaching Question

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Jarah
Sword Master
Sword Master

Teaching Question

Post by Jarah » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:46 am

I accidentally posted in the bug forums earlier. Sorry!

Can someone please tell me whether you need one or both scholar feats in order to teach trades?
Jarah
Sword Master
Sword Master

Re: Teaching Question

Post by Jarah » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:56 am

Well, I took a chance and went ahead and got just the first scholar feat. Now when I use 'teach test' on a friend it says I can teach. So just for everyone's information out there, if you plan on teaching trades, it looks like the first scholar feat is required.

Is there any way we can get that information added to the helpfiles for teaching or for trades, or both? There really is not a level for trades anywhere that we can see. So since I met all of the minimum teaching requirements, and had GM in the trades I was wanting to teach, I thought I was set. Luckily I could go train up a few more levels and get that last feat point and it worked. I looked at the help files over and over and a LOT of hours have gone into getting those trades to a point where I could teach them. It would have been pretty upsetting if I did all that work and then wouldn't be able to continue on with the teaching due to a lack of that feat. I don't mind it being required, there just needs to be more information out there to warn you please!