Retelling History

To share knowledge about the world and links to useful resources.
Acalanthis
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Retelling History

Post by Acalanthis » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:05 pm

Just wondering - would it be considered poor form to take an existing historical or lore event (such as the Time of Troubles say) and retell it in the form of a story, epic poem or so on?

Would such stories/poems be considered suitable for publication, or better kept as part of a repertoire for street performing?

And to clarify - I mean in addition to original stories/poems etc, not instead of. :)
Gratey
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Gratey » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:32 pm

It would be nice to see maybe a imm set up roleplay, of a play, I have brief memory of Oghma holding a casting call for such, Would be great to see people in a play
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:01 pm

There are countless stories of the history of faerun to choose from and realte, some are myth and legend others reality, it's up to your rp and the appropriateness of the story iteself and how you choose to convey it.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Gregal

Hmm

Post by Gregal » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:09 pm

Honestly, Bards are not only singers and such. Bards can be lorist, and retell the great battles that happened, to enlighten those of today. Granted tales can get a little blurry as they are passed down with some names and actions thrown in, but that is what story telling is all about. To make it appeal to those of today. I personally love researching FR lore and retelling it, makes me seem like I really put effort into my character. Just rp the researching and buying books.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:24 pm

Make sure the FR story you want to tell has happened on FK. :D
There's a book in game called Times of Troubles, it's definately acceptable. :D

Danica
Beshaba potatoes.
Gratey
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Gratey » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:53 am

Just wondering if the Trial of Cyric the mad, Has happened in game yet, If not a RP for it, is it in the time period?