Magical Post Service: A Reminder

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Glim
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Magical Post Service: A Reminder

Post by Glim » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:20 pm

Hello,

I was thinking about propose an idea to help the new postal service along. I know that most characters fail to check the post office. I do on my character. I know this would not make very much ICly sense, but I believe it would make the postal service more functional.

My proposal is merely that whenever you long on a character, that it give you an echo as to if you have mail or not. Maybe something merely like:

You have mail!

If you dont have anything, well, you dont get any announcement.

Feedback is always welcome,
Thanks,
Glim asks Gwain 'Can I be on the watch?!?'
Gwain raises an eyebrow.
Gwain seems to display a look of complete horror for a second...
Zach

Post by Zach » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:41 pm

I like this very much. Much like 'your name has been accepted' echo you get when first making a char

for those of us who would not even think twice of someone sending something to them
Sean
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Sean » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:13 am

Or perhaps a more IC "tell" like echo from a mob the instant you log in (the echo just looks like a 'tell' of course, it isn't ACTUALLY one...).

Perhaps (just say) Elminster enchanted the postal service's amulets of communication to be able to still track down those that have been detuned. That will explain why someone gets a tell from them if they have a detuned amulet. :wink:
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:20 am

If it was possible, it would have been done.

Yet, it's not possible without some new hardcode.

The good thing is that, with the recent modifications, it should now save over copyover (and most crashes), like a normal dwelling.
Zach

Post by Zach » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:32 pm

I thought that it would take some hard coding... it is still nice to have it in the game