A few game mechanics questions

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Valdimyr
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

A few game mechanics questions

Post by Valdimyr » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:25 am

Question (A) Does your constitution play any part in a fight on how much damage you recieve?

Example: (Mob A) hits (Player A) who is level 10 and has a constitution of durable and it deals 6 damage.
(Mob A) hit (Player B) who is level 10 and has a constitution of unhealthy would it deal 6 damage as well or more since he has a lower constitution?

Question (B) When you gain a level, is it your base stats from when you created your character that bases what type of gain you will have?

Reminder: No great detail needs to go into these answers for fear of giving away the mechanics of the code to give a player knowledge of how to abuse the code in anyway possible. A simple Yes or No will be acceptable if any answer at all.
Sincerely,
Valdimyr
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:53 am

As far as I know, damage does not depend on the victim's Constitution.

And when you level up, you gain an amount of hit points depending on your current Constitution and your class.
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:23 am

As I understand it (and I am not a hard code guy), Constitution plays into how much damage you can sustain and has nothing to do with how much you dish out.

Hmmm, I think on reflection that my answer is the same as Dalvyn's in different words.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Zach

Post by Zach » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:36 pm

question (a)
no... but player (A) would have (say) 100 hitpoints knocking 6 away from the attack leaving 94 HP left

player (B) would have 50 HP knocking 6 away leaving only 46 HP left

Question (B) umm... not too sure what your asking, but i think no is the proper answer from what I think you are asking...
It's not the base really, it's the stats you put into it... and when you level, the multiplier goes off of that...
Zilvryn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Zilvryn » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:54 pm

HP gains from Con aren't retroactive though, are they?
What matters the most is how well you walk through the fire.
Zach

Post by Zach » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:39 pm

Zilvryn wrote:HP gains from Con aren't retroactive though, are they?
by this i am guessing you mean, the sooner you get more con, the more HP you get?

If so, then I have not been given a yes or no answer, but I do not think that is the case... it's the same multiplier if it is now... or retroactive
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:57 pm

I think it's retroactive, just like temporary modifications to your Constitution (from objects or spells) also modify your current maximum amount of hit points.