Undermountain Escapade

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Lerytha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Undermountain Escapade

Post by Lerytha » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:32 pm

Miriel Tingilinde, a mage of Mielikki, seeks a party of adventurers to travel alongside her into the Undermountain:

For too long have the secrets of the Undermountain and Skullport remained closed to adventurers. I propose that a group of like-minded individuals gather with supplies for a long journey. A group of people with varied skills, strengths and ideas. It will be dangerous, it will be arduous, but the rewards of magic will be worth it. A glimpse of Skullport, famed for its cruelty but also its mystery, will also be worth it. Those interested, should introduce themselves to Miriel in person.

OOC: no date set, yet. Probably will actually happen after all the Ardeep things have finished, but I just wanted to get people thinking about it. Probably it might not be practical to have more than eight people altogether? Minimum of four, preferrably the traditional mage/warrior/priest/thief combo. But anyway, there may not be that many people interested. :)
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles with it.

--Sir Winston Churchill

"This place is boring, I'm gonna go eat whatever I can find laying on the ground"

-- Hoildric

Cacie asks Larethiel 'Did that air just bow to you?
Ursan
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Ursan » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:42 pm

Ursan wrote:I have business within the Undermount and might well be willing to offer my services if such a group were to be formed. It might prove interesting to observe how one of your kind deals with the perils of command and decision... long reflection is not a trait that will serve you well in Halaster's realm.
Remember, should you encounter an angry Dragon and your only company is a Halfling...
...you do not need to run faster than the Dragon, only the halfling.

It's a wolverine, not a skunk... sheesh
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:56 pm

In accordance to the rules and regulations of the Fellowship of the Undermountain I offer my protective services for you and your group. Please let me know of the date and time and I will have my supplies gathered and my blades sharpened.
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Alaudrien
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alaudrien » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:15 pm

Alyzlin Foretune blade at your service. Also an old friend of a few..I offer my skills to your journey into the mount! I have not been there in quite some time..and would love the chance to!
I take only what I need and I need everything!

-Alyzlin
Maybel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Maybel » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:27 pm

Lady Maybel, Lawkeeper of Lord Justice... I offer my prayers. Long has injustice oozed from the inside the undermountain... I hope we will be able to do justice to all within in the name of Tyr
R.I.P.
You will never be forgotten..
In memory of Stephanie
and the best damn RPing I have ever had!
Thank you
Janon
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Janon » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:36 pm

As a member of the Fellowship of the Undermountain, I must insist on an attempt to dissuade you from this venture. It is pointless and will most likely result in the inglorious death of everyone involved. Halaster views you all as nothing more than playthings. A group of this size and boldness will be seen by him in the same way that human children throughout the Kingdoms see an Ettin's arms' worth of Winterfest gifts! You are sure to find some, occasional rewards along the shifting paths and tunnels of that dark maze, rewards that are just agreeable enough to encourage your delving deeper into his vast, legendary labrynth. Surely you can all find more worthy and noble pursuits upon the surface of Faerun that do not require you to abandon all sanity.

However, if you insist on travelling this ill-conceived path towards becoming merely the next set of pieces on Halaster's personal gameboard, I am sworn to accompany you - if only to assist in lifting your lifeless bodies back to the surface.

If this ridiculous excursion is to take place before the Forest of Ardeep is fully removed from the control of demons, it will be quite some time before I am able to organize a group strong enough to recover your remains.

Janon
Janon,
Corellon's Cartographer
Zilvryn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Zilvryn » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:08 pm

Laerith wrote:*written in a flowing hand*
I also have some unfinished business within Halaster's halls, those that know me shall know of my tendency to wander, but if you have need of me I would of course be present.

Laerith Tinutir

*OOC* For me to have to attend it'd have to be a weekend, what with work commitments and such.
What matters the most is how well you walk through the fire.
Lerytha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lerytha » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:21 pm

Another addendum has been added by Miriel
Those who have expressed an interest, I am thankful for your offers and am also grateful for those who have taken the time to warn us against going. As of yet, no date has been expressed as to when we will leave. I will not as many have thought, leave until Ardeep is both cleansed and safe. Nor will I leave whilst there is obvious trouble on the surface of Faerun. It is my intention to discover things, to learn things and to find objects which may be of use in any future struggles to protect what is good and right about Faerun. Also as of yet, no group has been finalised. Though many have expressed interest, only certain numbers can travel into the mountain and to Skullport. Till we are closer to the time, no people shall be chosen. Though I hope people will continue expressing an interest.
OOC: this may have to wait a month, maybe more, till the Ardeep situation is sorted out. An IC post will be made in-game as well, sorry to whoever mentioned that it left people out... it didn't even occur to me! Bear in mind too that the RP is not only available for the good-guys joining the expedition. I've already heard that the drow might be gathering... *ominous music* ... so maybe other evils could... gather... *more ominous music*. I'm not sure what "gathering" involves, but I think it results in fun evil v good v drow action which can only be fun! So if you want to dust off your drow and take them to Skullport ahead of time... all the better. :D
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles with it.

--Sir Winston Churchill

"This place is boring, I'm gonna go eat whatever I can find laying on the ground"

-- Hoildric

Cacie asks Larethiel 'Did that air just bow to you?
Moloch
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Moloch » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:01 pm

Victor Aure de'Laramie, Squire of Lord Torm, at your service. I feel that it is my duty to aid in the discovery and eradication of the evils therein. I am currently stationed about Waterdeep in the Halls of Justice, attending classes and humble chores, but I will query my superiors on a bit of leave in light of this valiant effort.
"My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to survive."
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dapher » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:22 pm

Dapher Dullyn is ready to join the adventure. The Faithful Follower of Garl Glittergold is here to help his friends.