Hunger and Thirst

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Emrys
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Hunger and Thirst

Post by Emrys » Wed May 23, 2007 4:19 pm

I would find it very helpful if my state of hunger and thirst could show up in one of my character reference commands - say, score or worth.
If I miss a command telling me that I'm hungry (say, because I was fighting), there doesn't seem to be any way for me to check ouside of scrolling back. If it gets really bad, my 'mental' state (in my score) should reflect that, I hear. But my mental state is always great. In fact, I had my leg severed, and my mental state was still great (indicating my character is of a much hardier breed than I am).
Or maybe there's already a way to check, and I'm just missing it. But I think it would be helpful, yes?
The truth cant hurt you its just like the dark
It scares you witless
But in time you see things clear and stark
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kelemvor » Wed May 23, 2007 4:45 pm

Hunger and thirst already show on your Score sheet once they reach a certain point.
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.
Daediana
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Daediana » Fri May 25, 2007 5:17 pm

Yeah plus its pretty hard to not notice the YOU'RE STARVING!!! or YOU'RE DYING OF THIRST! It repeats every couple of minutes, and it takes awhile before your character gets really bad to the point where you start acting looney. Just carry a couple extra pieces of food with you and a full waterskin... it'll be good rp for you too! Preparing before going out of the city on a journey is GOOD! hehe! And don't forget wine and good company!
Shabanna
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Shabanna » Tue May 29, 2007 3:40 pm

You would be amazed at how long it takes a character to starve and dehydrate to death :P It takes QUITE a while for the little fairies to show up and your Mom to start calling to you r mind... and death comes quite a long time after that. :P If you miss an echo or two you actually begin to take damage because of your hunger and that is fairly hard to miss. You would have to be killing nonstop for hours and hours and missing the echo many many times to actually drop dead from hunger and thirst. I know.. I did a little "IC" experiment one time on one of my alts... It takes forever... there is no way you can miss alllll of the echoes before death comes knocking ;)

when you see the " You are DYING OF THIRST! " or " You are STARVING to death!" echoes that is simply the tip of the iceburg.

" Tha Banna"
"May Fortune climb into your lap and refuse to leave"
Builder Council: Journeyman