Pregnancies

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Granel

Pregnancies

Post by Granel » Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:18 am

Since some people have been getting pregnant I have wondered a few things..does different race mean different pregnacy terms? I mean of course that unlike a human would an elf or dwarf or gnome or halfling have faster or slower rate of developement than nine months? I'm not sure as to what this area could be but I wanted to bring it up anywayjust to see what information on the topic can be found and to gain insight for myself. Thankyou.
Lea
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

re: pregnancies

Post by Lea » Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:44 am

Here you go Granel hope this information I have helps answer your questions though it can be changed depending on dm's discretion

Race / total length of pregnancy / duration of each stage
Elf / 24 months / 2 months 20 days
Gnome / 16 months / 1 months 24 days
Dwarf / 15 months / 1 months 20 days
Halfling / 7 months / 0 months 24 days
Human / 9 months / 1 month 0 days
Half-Elf / 12 months / 1 months 10 days
Moranall

Post by Moranall » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:26 pm

If you haven't done it already, maybe you should make it change the mental state of the character with echos to go along (or the echos that are already in the game).
Moranall

Post by Moranall » Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:36 am

I noticed this alot when my aunt was having her baby: one day, she would feel fine, the next day she felt really sick. It's only a suggestion.
Leyva

Post by Leyva » Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:44 am

I was just wondering which races can reproduce with which races in the DnD world, because I have very little experience with it outside of this game and the half dozen FR books I`ve read. Also, I was wondering what inter-racial marriages and pregnancies the Imms will allow. Just curious. :)
Rennaich

Post by Rennaich » Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:09 am

Mystra wrote:You are saying pregnant women are mentally insane?

Sharni
Not insane -- as it is, "insane" is purely a legal term -- but quite possibly "mentally unstable" ... what with all that activity going on, who wouldn't be? :wink: There's got to be some sort of chemical imbalance somewhere... :mrgreen:
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:32 am

Note that it is only men claiming women to be mentally unstable during their gestation periods. :) There's a large, large, large, difference from being SICK, and INSANE. :P Moody during preggies, yes. Insane? :P Meeeenies. :P

~Danica
Beshaba potatoes.
Stayne
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Stayne » Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:51 am

Levya -
Most things can cross in DnD. The most common cross, and the one that always seems to work is human cross <whatever>. I believe anything with half human is possible. Elf cross anything, or dwarf cross anything I believe are much rarer due to their magical natures (I can't find anything in what limited resources I currently have with for an example of one so there may actually be none??).

Of course on FK it would be up to the IMM's discretion. Though I would love to play a charecter like Shernical myself :twisted:

Stayne
"The only women who don't go insane when they are pregnant, where nuts to begin with" - Anonymous
Mingus

Post by Mingus » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:53 pm

Mele wrote:Note that it is only men claiming women to be mentally unstable during their gestation periods. :) There's a large, large, large, difference from being SICK, and INSANE. :P Moody during preggies, yes. Insane?
No, no, you're completely wrong of what we men think... It obvious to us that your gender is completely insane all the time... :lol: As far as gestation, simple, no other explination... you all get possesed. :wink:

Now no married man will admit to this out loud, cause rightly so we like having our head attached to the rest of the body. But we all(male gender) know these as facts. And we learn to live with to live with the devil, if not once a month then for 9 months. In fact we welcom it, so far as to nurture and sooth the beast. As life would be too boring without the chaos you(female gender) bring to our sane world. :P
Nedylene
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nedylene » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:33 am

This.. coming from a woman's standpoint.. is a tricky subject. I have known some women who are more collected and calm when they are pregnant.. but then.. I had a friend in High School who was so stressed out because she got pregnant she believed that if she left the child in the woods the faeries would take care of it. To every rule there is an exception...
Isaldur
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Isaldur » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:12 am

Okay, anyone who wants to gain 30-50 pounds, feel sick, feel moody (or even more in some cases), eat more, feel unnatractive, and not go out as often just needs to MUD more, why get pregnant?
A sapphire haired male aasimar replies to you 'What would you get Tanya for a wedding present?'
You reply to A sapphire haired male aasimar 'A swift kick to the head. '
Argentia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Half-elf gestation and breeding?

Post by Argentia » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:29 pm

I saw a pregnant half-elf, and it brought to mind a question, can half-elves breed? There was much talk in another topic of half-elf/half-elf breeding producing a half-elf, but half-elves wouldn't be sterile due to their mixed heritage? Just like how a donkey/horse makes a mule, but a mule can't breed. Or does this law of genetics not apply to FK, or really the Realms in general?

And if they are able to breed, which they appear to be, what's the proper gestation period? Since for elves it's 2 years and for a human 9 monthes, would it be somewhere in the middle like 16 or 17 monthes? Or would it depend on the mother's race? Any clarification is appreciated! =)
Arathin
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

RE

Post by Arathin » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:12 pm

This was all covered in another post.

http://www.forgottenkingdoms.com/board/ ... =pregnancy
Sometimes you gotta prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying. Sometimes that means killing a whole lot of people.
-Sin City, By Frank Miller
Argentia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Argentia » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:07 am

Thanks! I thought there was a post, but I didn't find it.

So that genetic rule IS waved for half-elves then. Interesting...
Cyric
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Cyric » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:08 pm

Mele wrote:Note that it is only men claiming women to be mentally unstable during their gestation periods. :) There's a large, large, large, difference from being SICK, and INSANE. :P Moody during preggies, yes. Insane? :P Meeeenies. :P

~Danica
Actually, it was a landmark case in Texas that declared that women do go insane after being pregnant. Somewhat. It's called postpartum depression. Yates was convicted of the murder of several of her children, but avoided the death penalty by pleading insanity due to postpartum depression. She won the insanity plea, but was sentenced to life in prison.

http://www.courttv.com/trials/yates/
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/yates/

I know the subjects a bit heavy for a GAMING forum, but... You do get kinda crazy :wink: I'm -=joking=- with you guys! *runs and hides*
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:15 pm

SOME women go through postblahblah depression. I remember hearing about it when my mom had my 5 year old brother. :P :P :P :P SOOOMMMEEEE!!!!!!!

Strife spreader!! :P :)

~Danica
Beshaba potatoes.
Zilvryn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Zilvryn » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:10 pm

Mystra wrote:Pregnancy moodiness can be roleplayed. Adjusting a PC's mental state means they will see silly things like fairies. I never saw fairies in any of my pregnancies. Moody yes. Insane no.

And I genuinely hope those two males who posted above do not have spouses likely to get pregnant, because they could find themselves kicked out of house and home with comments like that to a pregnant spouse :)

Sharni
Hehe you are talking to someone who was kicked out of house and home for comments like that...

Although I am back there now with some swiftly retracted comments :roll:
What matters the most is how well you walk through the fire.
Angelita

Post by Angelita » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:13 pm

*personally thinks men with a pregnant woman should come with duct taped mouths* Strike that... just men in general at all times... we're right all the time anyways... right ladies?
Shabanna
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Shabanna » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:43 pm

Just curious, since my knowledge of Faerun is not as good as it should be. :P
Are there any demi-Gods? Just was wondering since I have clearly had way to much free time to think about FK today... and was thinking about how the Immortals are free to RP/ interact with mortals. Just wondering if an immortal/mortal union had been heard of and if there were any little Demi's running about in Faerun's history.

Pardon me if that was just a really DUMB question?

The Banna
"May Fortune climb into your lap and refuse to leave"
Builder Council: Journeyman
Timaeus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Timaeus » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:23 pm

The term Demigod in FR setting is a ranking of the power a deity has it is not necessarily an indicator that the being is from the union of a deity and a mortal. Dieties are ranked on their followers primarily.

Rank 0 - Quasi Diety - These entities cannot grant spells and they may have some worshippers.

Rank 1-5 - Demigod - Have from a few hundred to a few thousand devoted mortal worshippers.

Rank 6-10 - Lesser Diety - Have from a few thousand to tens of thousands devoted worshippers.

Rank 11-15 - Intermediate Deity - Have Hundreds of Thousands devoted worshippers.

Rank 16-20 - Greater Deity - Have millions of devoted worshippers and can rule over other deities.

Rank 21+ Overdieties - Beyond the scope of mortals and have no worshippers and do not answer prayers or queries.
AKA Tycho, Lamorak, Kayne, Uthric