Stables

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Rhianon
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Stables

Post by Rhianon » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:30 pm

Wouldn't it be a realistic thing for stables to sell manure? Horse manure, Griffin manure etc. I mean if your horse is stabled in RL then what do they do with the poop? Just seems like it would be a realistic thing for a character to be able to go and buy a bag of horse manure at a stable. Wizzie's can use it, characters can use it to beautify their yards around their homes....if your into that sort of thing......anyone got any ideas on this?
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:38 pm

That's a great idea. I'm sure they'd be more than willing to give it away. Also, Sunites can use it for their perfumes: "Eau De Poo." =)
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:52 pm

Perhaps larger stables could house dungheaps or bins where manure's thrown into. Everyone interested could just....grap an apple or two ;)

Or have forks and stuff, or a comand in a room that enables the interested spellcaster to pick the manure him/herself, comparable to pluck/pick etc. with vegetables/fruits for example. 8)
Weit in der Champagne im Mittsommergrün,
dort, wo zwischen Grabkreuzen Mohnblumen blühn,
da flüstern die Gräser und wiegen sich leicht
im Wind, der sanft über das Gräberfeld streicht.
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Cret » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:05 am

Sticking this here:

Ive noticed another surge in people no wanting to pay coded stables to place mounts in. Waterdeep has several coded stables. Placing your mount in an auction house... or an empty lot.. might find you with 1 less horse, no?
Jaenoic
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Jaenoic » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:02 am

Well from a purely IC perspective, placing your mount in a public area such as the auction house can land your mount in the impound, which means you pay extra for trying to save a few coppers.
Alvirin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alvirin » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:39 am

Returning to the original discussion...

Maybe a intercept could be added to some stables so if you dig there while holding a shovel, your character has a chance of getting a unit of manure, this chance would be higher as higher is your dig skill, this would consume movement points.
Oghma
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Oghma » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:13 pm

I could see stables selling bags of manure, or there being a manure salesman that will sell manure to you after a quest or for a fee.
May you find the knowledge you seek. If you find something else, it is still knowledge, and as such, still a gain.
Aveline
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Aveline » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:33 pm

I could see after doing a quest and being a part of a certain organization in game, getting access to a command similar to the pluck/pick like Larethiel suggested. Might have to have a certain item to do it as well.
Bregga
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Re: Stables

Post by Bregga » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:03 pm

*bumb*

I think being able to buy manure from stables would make things a little easier. I know I run out of the stuff constantly.
Radgar Warrior of Tempus!
Bregga Warrior of Moradin!
Allistair Priest of Tyr!

Wake Early if you want another man's life or land. No lamb for the lazy wolf. No battle's won in bed.
Alaudrien
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alaudrien » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:19 pm

Wouldn't Horse hairs fit in there to since they could be filched from the scrub down brushes.
I take only what I need and I need everything!

-Alyzlin
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:11 pm

Perhaps there could be a way to tie it in with the Dung Sweepers Guild that is already in game?
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Llaytan
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Llaytan » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:50 am

I could see as benefit of be member of the Dung Sweepers Guild, be able to access to a room restricted to members of the guild where through the use of a intercept they could "pluck" (dig) manure and use it / sell to other chracters.
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" -Seneca