[Ongoing Event] Drow Roleplay Days

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Bhaal
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

[Ongoing Event] Drow Roleplay Days

Post by Bhaal » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:24 pm

We are going to start holding regular Drow roleplaying sessions, perhaps once a week on a specific night, to help reinvigorate the Underdark. These might take place anywhere from Skullport, to Ched Nasad, to Menzoberranzan. They might involve surface raids. They might involve clashes with other subterranean races such as the Dwarves. We will be focusing on more of the differences between houses. Rivalries will be stressed. Drow roleplay will be encouraged and rewarded. For those who have an interest in taking part in these roleplays on a regular or semi-regular basis, put up general nights you might be available to do this. If it proves popular I might try to do them weekly, if it's something lightly attended, perhaps bi-weekly. It all depends on the effort that we see you guys putting into showing up for these.

The Drow rename session was poorly attended, and the RP which followed was abandoned by most people who had received renames, so I hope that it won't be representative of the Drow sessions we have in the future. By tomorrow evening I hope to have a good idea of when people are willing to show up to this and schedule the first one for the upcoming week.
Aldren
Staff
Staff

RE:

Post by Aldren » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:23 am

I'm available most nights from as early as 6pm CST and as late as 10pm CST, to go on for the entire night. (Work schedule subject to change weekly)
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:47 am

Bhaal, I wanted to say thanks for the efforts you are putting forth to bring back this race. Are there any restrictions for joining the RP? F.E. If I were to start a drow character would I in any way be unable to attend an RP due to level?

Other than that, if I start playing a drow, I have no particular schedule but I have a lot of free time on the weekdays.

EDITED TO ADD: Just thought I'd add I made a drow thanks to the efforts you are putting forth, I know this will work out.

Time-Wise, for the most part I'm open on the weekdays, and there is a low chance I'll be able to make anything during the weekends. Sometimes I got the weekends, sometimes I don't...
Last edited by Velius on Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jysrak Armgo of House Barrison Del'Armgo -MENZO-
Jys/rak: Jys = Hard, steel, unyielding, /rak = Chaos, storm, tempest
Dranso
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dranso » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:27 am

I'm open most any nights. Can't wait!
Jezz
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Jezz » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:02 pm

I will be happy to join in on the RP fun when and where it permits. Im open for rp nightly mountain-usa time and weekends offer full availability currently.

"Drowface" :twisted:
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:54 pm

I can be around most times too
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Phata
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Phata » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:38 am

Just started a drow character, cause of the happy RP I hope to see in menzo :)

Anyways, most any time I'm available over the next week, after Jan, 3rd my availability drops down to nights and weekends. Although Thursday nights aren't the best as I don't get home until after 9ish and I'm dead beat after that. (Yay for getting beat on with wooden sticks!)

Thats all, thanks.
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:17 am

Bhaal,

I've noticed a lot of ooc chatter in-game regarding increased drow rp in menzo. Good work on this, it seems there are increasingly more people who want to play down there. Also, good luck, you're plate is getting rather full.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:52 am

Lathander Wrote:
I've noticed a lot of ooc chatter in-game regarding increased drow rp in menzo.
*grins* Wasn't me! I had nothing to do with the OOC chatter at all... 8)

EDIT: *Raises his fist* I'm helping aren't I??? Bah! Pickin' a fight with the Menzo Greeter eh?!?!?
JK, when are we thinking about having these events Bhaal?
Bhaal
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Bhaal » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:01 am

It doesn't seem as though there's any specifically preferred time. Why don't we try for this Friday night?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... in=0&sec=0

Any Drow on for say, an hour before it starts, we'll gather and prepare... but I want anyone who plans to attend to be on at that time. If you show up more than 30 minutes afterwards, I'm not going to be able to guarantee you can join up.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:22 am

I'm not normally open for weekends, but since this is the break, I should be able to make it.

EDIT: Gah! Hey, I gotta question. Will there be an echo telling where this will take place?
Bhaal
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Bhaal » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:28 am

It'll take place in Menzoberranzan, if you hang around the square I'm sure you'll run into it ;) I'll try to get a gamewide echo however.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:46 pm

One more.... ( sorry for all the questions ), I've been inviting all the drow I see to join the RP and have been starting RPs with the newer drow showing them around Menzo and whatnot. Are drow still aloud to post here and say they are going to come now that everything is planned out, or do we have to stick to the group of people we have now?
Dranso
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dranso » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:56 pm

Well i can't make it i have practice right when the rp starts.. could you possible move it back or forward a couple hours?
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:56 pm

other races able to attend? Half-drow?
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Bhaal
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Bhaal » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:26 pm

It's in Menzoberranzan, if they can get there I'm not going to kick them out, but don't expect to be included in the same way as a full-blood Drow.

This is just a reminder that the roleplay will begin in about 4.5 hours from the time of this post. There is nothing I'd like more than to see some Drow who haven't played in a long time come and check things out down here. There is a lot more to the Underdark nowadays, with Ched Nasad in the game and easily reachable thanks to Dalvyn, and the plans for ongoing Drow roleplay plots which will be designed not only to be fun for a few hours a week, but to give Drow things to do throughout the interim period. I have a feeling everyone who has ever wanted to play a Drow, engage in that sort of evil RP, will be pleasantly surprised by what is in store. Also remember that it's not too late to make a new Drow character, just in time for this!
Dranso
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dranso » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:34 pm

I'll actually be there hopefully. Just wanted to say thanks for getting drow back in the game!
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Dranso wrote:I'll actually be there hopefully. Just wanted to say thanks for getting drow back in the game!
Woot! The Drow are among the living now! I second the thanks, and I'm looking forward to the event. ( which is going on in 2hrs and 20minutes from this post )
Bhaal
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Bhaal » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:54 am

Dlothyr Auryvndar, a nobleman from the City of Shimmering Webs, has come to Menzoberranzan with a message from the High Priestesses of Lolth and the Council of Matron Mothers. A Ched Nasadran trade outpost in Cormanthor was overrun by Vhaeraunite Drow, the Priestesses of Lolth slaughtered, the many treasures they had both acquired from the surface and taken from the Underdark, were all pillaged. Lolth demands that this stain be avenged, and for such a reason an expedition to the surface is being planned, to destroy this Vhaeraunite Keep and reclaim Lloth's stolen treasures.

But Lloth wishes the strongest, most capable, most Drow-like Drow to lead this expedition and hence has set three tasks to be performed. The first task is that Drow throughout the city have been given ebony and green feathers, one apiece. After one month (OOC: one week RL time) the Drow with the most feathers will be acclaimed the winners of this first task. The winners of the various tasks will gain rank within the raiding party, which entails the order in which they may make claims to the various treasures which the Drow hope to reclaim from the Vhaeraunite scum. Of course the laws of Menzoberranzan still apply, and to attack another Drow openly is of course, a crime. Yet if there are no witnesses... who is to say that a crime truly took place?

This is a roleplay that is going to spread over weeks, of which this is only the first part. I will be keeping a close eye on the Drow throughout, and rewarding excellent Drow roleplay. In light of keeping this a roleplay competition more than anything else, I have imposed the following rules which will be enforced VERY STRICTLY. But apart from this, it's a chance to be the Drow you were truly meant to be. Forge alliances with others to protect your own feathers and gain more. Take the feathers of those weaker than you. Hide from those stronger than you. Lie, murder, and steal, all while obeying the strict laws governing Drow society. And remember, even if your feather is taken, the game isn't over... you can always scheme to get it back, or take someone else's!

1. Any and all combat in terms of this competition will be in killmode spar. Each attack must have an accompanying emote. It need not be a novel, and should in fact be kept concise for purposes of flow, but this is not a random killing spree. The Drow who is knocked out is to be aided, then the successful combatant is to RP searching them for their feathers. The loser is to turn over their feathers, if I find peple have been hiding them, I will arrange for your expulsion from the competition.

2. No PKilling deaths. If you defeat your opponent after a sparred combat match, there is to be an orderly turning over of their feather after an RPed search. If someone is accidentally killed, and by that I mean for instance, a mob walks in and attacks a stunned opponent, you are to raise them from death.

3. You must keep your feather(s) on you at all times. It is unfair and apart from the spirit of this to give them to someone who isn't participating, to put it on a mount or to hide it in a stable.

PARTICIPATING DROW - Subject to change, but if you are participating, please try to log for a while each day you can, just to give other Drow a chance to interact with you regarding the RP. Someone who stays logged off until the end and then manages to defeat someone who has been actively working towards their goal all week will not be looked well upon.
------------------
Duranamir
Jzexleth
Kryllyn
Vasfryn
Zezeblyn
Cyprianus
Zundalaran
Zzelfaden
Gwetha
Mizzara
Zahal
Solaghar
Llyscin
Drosun
Jezz *Added Saturday evening
Krendorl *Added Saturday evening
Jzessilara *Added Saturday evening
Maynolu *Added Sunday morning
Shynlae *Added Sunday morning
Dirzbreen *Added Sunday morning
Finidinal *Added Sunday morning
Xesstra *Added Sunday afternoon
Zaphara *Added Sunday evening
Kryzkin *Added Sunday evening
Dhauninid *Added Sunday evening
Retol *Added Monday
Xynetra *Added Monday

If you are not on this list and would like to participate, it is not too late! Send me a PM expressing your desire to join in. Even a brand new, level 1 Drow can join in this roleplay. Drow are schemers and plotters in addition to warriors, and all it takes is a bit of RP to make a dent and impress those running the RP.

Edit - Updated the rules regarding feather turn-over in the event of combat.

Second Edit - Just as an aside, if a Priestess is of another house, you absolutely should *not* give up your feather just because they ask. Think of it this way. If a Priestess of another House asked you to give her your sword, close your eyes and put your head down on the ground to be executed, you wouldn't do it. Males don't have it as easy as females, that is part of the Drow society, so in response they have to be smarter, cannier. Claim that someone else already took your feather. You could also try to work with the priestess, offer your service to her in return for allowing you to keep your feather, work with her to take the feathers off of others. You could also try to get them where there are no witnesses, or out into the Underdark wilds, where their status as a Priestess doesn't mean much. But really, the Priestesses can only order you around as much as you're willing to follow, and a male's obedience only goes so far as their lives or their hoeps for glory. Priestesses themselves should beware using their status to demand too much from males, as they might make everyone upset with them.
Last edited by Bhaal on Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Bhaal
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Bhaal » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:22 am

Just want to add that we had 13 Drow on tonight at once, and 14 total, definitely a success! I hope to attract even more during the course of this RP, let's try to beat that next week!