Endurance feat

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Jzexleth
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Endurance feat

Post by Jzexleth » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:25 pm

Greetings! I have a question about the Endurance feat.

I took five feat points worth of Endurance on my dwarven miner, hoping to be able to significantly increase the amount of mining he can do per rest cycle. Only thing is, it doesn't seem to have done much of anything.

Does this feat work? How does it work? It says the effects stack, but I haven't seen that to be the case. Did I misspend 4 or 5 feat points?

-Jzex
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:45 pm

From what I understand, and please correct me if I'm wrong here Code Council, is that when you mine it's a % of your stamina that is taken.
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:32 pm

Also is this feat being looked at, or on the slate to be looked at, like the toughness feat? Only giving 1 hp or 1 mvp per feat?
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:31 pm

Movement's different, Orplar. And I don't recall anyone saying (publicly) that Toughness was being looked at. I could be wrong, though. But, either way, since movement isn't d20 based, it would be much harder to determine how much this feat should give characters, I would think.

It might be something the administration + coding team would need to discuss through great lengths.
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Jzexleth
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Jzexleth » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:53 pm

Well, it's been a long time since I was leveling regularly on this dwarf, but I seem to recall being able to mine more as I increased in levels.

It certainly wouldn't make sense for it to be a fixed percentage of your stamina. Increasing constitution and adding the endurance feat should logically make it easier to work the long hours it (literally) takes to work the mines.

A fixed percentage would mean a level 1 dwarf with a low constitution could mine exactly as much as a highly experienced dwarf with a high Con.

Does anybody know which way it goes?

For the record, the dwarf I mine with (Tregor) uses 3-4% of his move to mine once unsuccessfully and somewhere between 6-7% to mine successfully.

Jzex
Horace
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Horace » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:49 pm

If it is that way, it's probably a game balance issue more than anything else. It could be made so that a level 50 uses up around 3 to 7% and then a level 1 uses up 80%.

If it is that way, I'd have to guess it's that way so that someone could dedicate one RL day to mining and suddenly swamp the market with 239023904392234 pieces of ore...by himself.
Listen up! People pay good money to see this movie! When they go out to a theater they want cold sodas, hot popcorn, and no monsters in the projection booth! Do I have to come up there myself? Do you think the Gremsters can stand up to the Hulkster?