Nut shells

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Ceir
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Nut shells

Post by Ceir » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:15 pm

When I saw that the material component for a certain spell was "A nut shell", I went to the nut store in Waterdeep, bought a bag of hazelnuts, and went to town. Unfortunately, this didn't provide me with a bunch of shells, and neither did the bags of peanuts. Figuring they must be sold unshelled, I asked Khostal Hannas if I could buy some of his discarded shells with no luck.

It would be a neat addition if at least one of these approaches actually worked. The game can always use more common sense solutions to the less exotic spell components--it helps the player of an intelligent character actually feel halfway intelligent.
Atraos
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Nut shells

Post by Atraos » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:25 pm

I agree this would be a good idea, the only problem being where does it stop?

There is a large desert to the east yet Sand has to be bought for components, soot has to be bought yet there are fires everywhere. I think the coding issues would be huge....But i know bugger all about coding so....
Enig
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Enig » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Sand is already available in both deserts, and the difficulty of coding this suggestion is trivial.
Trillarel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Trillarel » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:43 pm

Common sense solutions to exotic spell components would be what would incite me to continue playing Rasheed.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Ceir: I have updated a number of nut objects to provide nut shells upon consumption. These changes are pending the update of the game.

Trillarel: This is a situation of "ye have not because ye ask not". As I have said before, if you suggest something that make sense then I will typically implement it (and quickly). Also though, as I have said before, please do not volley so many trivial good ideas at me that I end up wiling away my limited time on them.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Hrosskell
Staff
Staff

Post by Hrosskell » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:28 am

Suggested soot from charcoal under different administration I think. Crush function requiring a blunt object (though a sword hilt even would serve this purpose, or the flat of a dagger) was my bid at the time.
Jamais arriere.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:54 am

That too will be possible with the next copyover.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Ceir
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Ceir » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:43 am

Thanks! That's excellent, and much appreciated.