TMC Ranking Incentives

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Atraos
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: TMC Ranking Incentives

Post by Atraos » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:49 am

I am unsure how this works.. Is it available to all or will it only happen during peak times?

Thanks
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:39 pm

We'll see. The first phase is about 60% complete on the test port.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Hrosskell
Staff
Staff

Post by Hrosskell » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:33 pm

Bumping for 5th and tacking on my wish for an enchanting profession/glory outlet for major revisions to items (weapon type swaps, enchants, metal type swaps, etc.) Everyone already took the cool story ideas. q_q
Jamais arriere.
Bellayana
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Bellayana » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:07 pm

Yes agreed, Glory really needs a good whack! That would be a big incentive towards the playerbase!
The belief in a supernatural evil is not necessary;
Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.
-Joseph Conrad, Under Western Eyes

-Tofuergus Greenroot, Gnomish Ranger
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:14 pm

If we are able to stay in the top 10 (places 6-10) for one week then I will begin to initiate some quests involving the fabled deck of fate.
Seems we're doing even better than you'd thought Harroghty. We're holding fifth and we're tied for fourth! If we keep voting we'll no doubt take fourth! I'm excited!
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:12 am

Quest is almost ready...
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:05 am

I have the quest all set up and it has some cool rewards (beyond the role-play itself). Your voting has paid off and our active numbers during peak hours are almost 30 players. That's huge for a game that has been hovering around 20 for a year. The notoriety on TMC is paying off in a big way with some great new players.

The next step is for teams to apply to participate. Two teams will compete in the quest, one helping Tymora and the other Beshaba. Figure out your group, name it, and apply. I will select the two teams based upon the level of contributions of those player characters to the MUD. (Your alt which never comes out of WD is probably not the one to bring, neither is the one who hasn't logged in three years.) There are no requirements for the teams, but it shouldn't be all newbies because they will probably die; this quest is challenging, and the immortal involved will help out to a degree, but you need to bring some capabilities to the table because you are competing and too much immortal help would skew the odds.

Don't worry about not being picked if you are not; there will be other chances if we keep the voting up. I look forward to seeing which groups step forward!
Atraos
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Atraos » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:10 am

So as to not to waste time in applying....What sort of time is this likely to run?
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:08 pm

That depends much upon your group's availability, but it will be between 10 PM and 4 AM GMT during the week and more flexible on weekends from my end. And to reiterate, or clarify perhaps, you are applying as a group, not as individuals.
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:24 pm

Is there a limit to team size?
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:52 pm

I only have one team submitted so far; they will help Beshaba. I need a team to help Tymora for us to get started.
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:39 am

I am immensely pleased to see the increase in players. Looks like this was a huge success Harroghty! Thank you very much for all the effort you guys must have put into this!
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:22 am

Yes, many players, new and old. It's great to see.

Sadly, I have only one huge evil team for this RP. I need another team to compete against them!
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Post by Lirith » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:32 am

Working on it, it's easier said than done!
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:11 am

The Deck of Fate quest will begin soon with the two daring adventuring bands.

The next incentive? Let's finish the month in third place and I will put a short-term merchant caravan in Waterdeep with some "limited edition" stuff.
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:22 pm

You heard the boss. We're all going to have to consistently vote if we're gonna retake that spot and hold onto it til month's end. I'm thinking Harry's got some pretty fancy stuff planned for his merchant so let's make him proud to put it in! :D
~Frank Miller
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 pm

To make this we have seven days to gain 22 votes to reach the MUD above us. Try to remember to vote everyone! We're actually in second as far as how much traffic has come to FK in comparison to the others and I think that means we win even if we don't overtake third(but we totally still want to do that...)
~Frank Miller
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:08 am

I will introduce the new merchant within a few days. Good job everybody.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:41 am

The Legion of the Black Beast won the Deck of Fate challenge and were rewarded with access to a high level trainer surpassing others available in the game.
Tyeslan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tyeslan » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:56 am

Thank you so much for this! It was great fun, and a lot of learning together as a group. I enjoyed it quite a bit!!