Clairvoyance

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Gralock
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Clairvoyance

Post by Gralock » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:22 am

Maybe I am not using this spell right, or misunderstanding the help file on it. But can someone please tell me what clairvoyance is suppose to do when it is casted :?: I can not tell any noticeable difference with it.

Gralock
In the long run, we're all dead.
-John Maynard Keynes
Gratey
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Gratey » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:37 am

It is just like when you Type "look" and you see the room desc your in but the you cast "Clairvoyance" you can see the desc of the rooms around you when you type "look w" and If im wrong sorry please correct me

:P
Tyr
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tyr » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:43 pm

Clairvoyance is not implemented so at the moment it will do absolutely nothing when cast.
Echet
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Clairvoyance

Post by Echet » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:18 pm

In the times of olde, I suppose, this spell had a real use. Only thieves could look in a direction and see what was off that way. Now, common sense has been applied and even fighters can see more than twenty feet in front of their faces. However, the clairvoyance spell that allowed wizards to do the same thing is still in and, to my knowledge, its function has never changed.

I tried casting this spell the other day to see if my perception changed at all afterward, the answer was no. So then, why is this spell still in the game?? Is its function going to be changed later? Is removing it on the already massive TODO list?

I would vote that the function is changed. Perhaps with the spell, a person could see as far as eight rooms away. That might be helpful in some situations. Or, perhaps it could take after the 3rd level spell of the same name, allowing a person to view another location. Granted, magic mirror already does this, but magic mirror allows but a single glance. Maybe the clairvoyance spell could allow a target to be watched for as long as an entire RL minute?

That question also raises another, could a clairaudience spell ever be introduced? To compliment the amended clairvoyance spell I mentioned above? Since clairvoyance does not convey sounds, that is.

Echet, the necromancer
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Cret » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:07 pm

As I recall asking long ago, perhaps on the old board (dont remember completly) but that the clarvoyance spell was still under work. The spell alows wizards and who else has the spell to look an see through doors.. But I would have to re-read the help file and perhaps the old board..
Echet
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Echet » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:17 pm

Oh, alright. I had no idea. Thank you, Cret
Natasha
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Clairvoyance Bug?

Post by Natasha » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:40 pm

I have learned the spell Clairvoyance in the game, and after having memorized it while also possessing the proper components, when I try to cast it I get the message, "That's Not a Spell!"

Anyone else have similar problems? I'd hate to see it not work after spending money and experience on it.

Natasha
Gwain

Post by Gwain » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:08 pm

Did you make sure that everything you typed was in "" like, "cast clarvoyance (target)"? That might be it.
Gratey
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Gratey » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:39 pm

From later posts I think the spell is not working, if I find the posts I will post here again with it
Gratey
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Gratey » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:46 pm

FOUND IT! YAY! :lol:
Mystra wrote:Clairvoyance may not yet be coded to do what it is intended to do. Tyr will confirm or deny this when he reads this thread.

Sharni
Then Tyr came back and said
Tyr wrote:Clairvoyance is not implemented so at the moment it will do absolutely nothing when cast.
Telk
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Telk » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:37 pm

Gwain wrote:Did you make sure that everything you typed was in "" like, "cast clarvoyance (target)"? That might be it.
Actually it would be only the '' in the spell type. Like cast 'clairvoyance' target

Tyr wrote:
Clairvoyance is not implemented so at the moment it will do absolutely nothing when cast.

But wouldn't it still cast? Just do nothing when cast?
Telk
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Telk » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:38 pm

Telk wrote:
Gwain wrote:Did you make sure that everything you typed was in "" like, "cast clarvoyance (target)"? That might be it.
Actually it would be only the '' in the spell type. Like cast 'clairvoyance' target

Tyr wrote:

But wouldn't it still cast? Just do nothing when cast?
Telk
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Telk » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:42 pm

Oh bah somehow when I was trying to edit my posts to fix the quote, it reposted my message again and again. When I looked for a delete button I couldn't find one...if a forum adminster could delete them it would be greatly appreciated :)
Elwin
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Elwin » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:30 pm

From your friendly neighborhood ranger :)
Gratey
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Gratey » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:53 pm

Back to Telk's question, I have an Enchanter that knows the spell and when he casts it it does nothing it does not say you begin to chant it just says "That is not a spell". So either it isnt yet in the game and they are still working on it or that they have just disabled it.
Balek
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Balek » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:59 am

I have, in the past, actually cast the spell. It simply doesn't do anything.
Telk
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Telk » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:04 am

The spell was more than likely disabled for the time being.