IMM suggestions for a better FK

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Morlath
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

IMM suggestions for a better FK

Post by Morlath » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:34 am

This would be a sticky post somewhere in the board where rather than the players making suggestions the staff makes them regarding the state of roleplay in FK, or any other kind of suggestions that could improve it.

ie: More players of faith X, More players of class Y, More player-driven events of type Z.... , general advice on roleplaying, pretty much anything that a -player- could do by playing.
Elenthis
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: IMM suggestions for a better FK

Post by Elenthis » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:42 am

My first gut-reaction was to disagree with this sort of idea, but after a moment of consideration, I actually think this could be a great idea. Not just for game balance, as outlined in the post, but also for quick tips, and "By the way"s.
Far away and across the field, the tolling of the iron bell calls the faithful to their knees to hear the softly spoken magic spell.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:51 am

Unfortunately, I don't believe that this would be well received by most people. In general, the most effective way to enhance role-play is to bring up those around you through a combination of what you yourself do and what you will not tolerate.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
tiyari
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by tiyari » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:05 am

Hmm. I can see two sides to this.

On one hand, people could potentially use such a thread to share a lot of IC information that should not be shared OOCly. This would depend on whether admins would write in it or players or both.
On the other, it would be a super way for players who maybe have been gone for a long time to glance over general big-picture things.

We have a lot of this and this, but we lack priests of this, or evil chars in this category.
Even that could be seen as too much IC info, but on the flip side it could help people who want to balance things out decide where they may want to find a place to help if something is needed in any given area.

Like I said, good and bad here. My first reaction ws, 'Oh! Definitely do this!" but typing it out made me think a bit more, and I'm torn on the whole thing.