Unusual Pet Weight

This contains bug reports which the test team have confirmed and are now in the queue to be fixed.
Beskytter
Sword Master
Sword Master

Unusual Pet Weight

Post by Beskytter » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:53 pm

I bought a black raven from Westgate on my alt Athyros. When he had the raven mount his shoulder, Athyros suddenly couldn't move because he was carrying too much. I checked and it looks like the raven is set to weigh 180lbs.

Is there a chance this was a typo and it just needs a quick fix? Or is it a random weight system when buying pets and I just got the one morbidly obese raven?
I'm a raptor, doin' what I can, gonna eat everything till he appearance of man. Yo yo see me, I'm living below the soil. I'll be back, but I'm comin' as oil.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Unusual Pet Weight

Post by Harroghty » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:13 pm

This is likely related to the race file for birds. I tested with a few and each one, despite being sized tiny, was about 170 lbs. I will look into the files later and see what can be done.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Unusual Pet Weight

Post by Harroghty » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:06 am

Changing the base race file to size tiny (the size of most birds already) did not alleviate this issue. A soft code solution of some kind is coming.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons