Reaction to Rewards?

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Lerytha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Reaction to Rewards?

Post by Lerytha » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:20 pm

Questions about Rewards

So, I was in an RP today, and I was thinking about several thoughts I had about rewards. Firstly, are they OOC or IC, or can they be both?

Secondly, are we meant to thank the imm (if it is a player, I generally otell them thanks) using osay? Because it always seems rude if you just sit there... to me, anyway, hyper-sensitive me...

So, there we go. Just a quick clarification on whether rewards can be IC occasionally, whether if they are IC you are meant to notice a reward being given to others... I am just slightly confused. Or rather, not confused, but just... curious.

Thanks for your time!
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles with it.

--Sir Winston Churchill

"This place is boring, I'm gonna go eat whatever I can find laying on the ground"

-- Hoildric

Cacie asks Larethiel 'Did that air just bow to you?
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:31 pm

Even before I was in NC when I got rewarded I always questioned Thank you. As for OOC or IC I would believe ooc, as they give you thinks we use OOC, Kismet, Exp, Glory. When in doubt, say thank you. :)

Danica
Beshaba potatoes.
Lerytha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lerytha » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:32 pm

Well, thank you for that! And I think I owe an apology to the several times I was rewarded and I didn't say thank you. :oops: So I will say it now: thank you!
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles with it.

--Sir Winston Churchill

"This place is boring, I'm gonna go eat whatever I can find laying on the ground"

-- Hoildric

Cacie asks Larethiel 'Did that air just bow to you?
Kirkus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kirkus » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:54 pm

On the flip side I have often been given favour as a reward from my god. For that I think it is ok to say it is IC.
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Telk
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Telk » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:02 pm

So is getting a message 'You have been enlightened by the gods!' a IC thing?
Sia
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Sia » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:48 pm

Being enlightened by the gods, I believe, should be both IC and OOC. RP receiving a gift "from above" but also remember the people behind the deity: everyone likes to feel appreciated :)

~Sia
Telk
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Telk » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:57 pm

What exactly does enlightened by the gods mean? Like could you RP getting knowledge from the gods IC, or something to that extent?