Natures ally/Summon monster/spider swarm being castable in combat

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Guardas
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Natures ally/Summon monster/spider swarm being castable in combat

Post by Guardas » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:56 am

Currently most summonable creature spells (Like Natures ally, Summon monster and spider swarm but I may have missed some) are not castable when the caster is engaged in combat. That runs a bit counter to what it looks like the SRD says about them in that they're mainly combat spells. While I understand the changes and limitations of the SRD vs FK, could we get these spells castable in combat?

It would open up some new play styles for folks like conjurers, and for druids eventually enable to have their nature's ally spells as their spontaneous cast as the SRD says. This would give them more flavor and level the playing field for Malarite druids a bit and give them an actually usable spontaneous cast (Right now they try to spontaneously cast cause spells and cannot because druids don't learn anything but cause minor).
Lythos
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Re: Natures ally/Summon monster/spider swarm being castable in combat

Post by Lythos » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:29 pm

Oh, that would be good, indeed.

And whilst on the subject of Natures Ally...

//
A natural ally answers your call!

c 'animal growth' eagle
You begin to chant.

a golden eagle is not an animal!
//

Same happens with Natures Ally 4. And both resist the "Magic Fang" spell too, but maybe thats lack of training on my side, though I am not sure they should be resisting buffs.

Natures Ally 1 allows both buffs... which creates a bit of confusion to the criteria.