Web of Wizards and Wondrous Magics

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Web of Wizards and Wondrous Magics

Post by Mele » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:44 pm

Dame Ione is formally calling for volunteers in her mentor program of magics. The program is intended to distribute magics safely to learning casters from like minded good leaning individuals (good and good leaning neut's). People who sign up for mentorship will receive all of the teaching feats free of charge. They will be compensated per lesson they give, with future direction on how to report it. They will participate in Learning Faire's where people can find them to learn on the spot or set up a later lesson. Their names will be advertised for lessons in an index posted here. They will be given the opportunity to choose a special focus spell (Example: A conjurer and summon monsters, a druid and aura of vitality etc) to teach as the master of (via an application of knowledge of the spell, lesson plan and willingness not to abuse the power granted). Active mentors will become Head of House of their guild, which will grant bragging rights and emblem gear. They will have the full backing and protection from Dame Ione herself, and the Mystran Church.

To apply, send a letter to Ione with the following information:

Your name:
Your niche(wiz guild,bard,cleric,druid):
Your deity affiliation:
A rare spell you know and can share:
A rare spell you'd like to know and share:

((I am soon to be out of town for my regular trip to my home state, but I should have a little wind down time in the evenings to review these and might begin the index before I come home. If not, index will begin in August. First event will 100% be after I'm home.))
Beshaba potatoes.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Re: Web of Wizards and Wondrous Magics

Post by Mele » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:11 pm

Index of Teachers

Wizardry:

Amethyst Emberheart
Amethyst is a seasoned teacher with the knowledge of every spell offered to the Mage's Guild. She most enjoys teaching the spells involving transportation like summon, transport, astral walk and gate. Amethyst is also able to offer lessons in lapidary, mining, smelting, brewing and scribing. Amethyst has chosen to focus in polymorph and will teach this at an accelerated rate.

Beryl Emberheart
Beryl is a young teacher following in her mother's footsteps. Belonging to the mage guild, one of her more rare spells to teach is acidshield. Being a Tymoran who seeks adventure Beryl has chosen to focus heavily on the Ninth level to Summon Monster, she will be able to teach anyone this spell at an accelerated level.

Signyi Amundsen
Signyi is a carefree spirit devoted to Erevan Ilesere. She finds joy in teaching a good handful of spells, Sandstorm, Banishment, Finger of Death, Control Undead, Energy Immunity, Flensing, Illusory Pit, Undeath to Death. Signyi has chosen to focus heavily on the spell of Weird, she will be able to teach this spell at an accelerated level.

Summer Neidre
Summer is a seasoned mage of Tymora who finds joy in teaching gate and astral walk. She is carefree and willing to offer any spell from her spellbook, choosing to focus on variety. Some might assume she not-so-secretly favors pink fireball.

Althasizor Salirius
Althasizor is a reserved member of the Invoker's guild. He enjoys teaching spells of evocation and namely so polar ray. Being a Mystran, he is enthusiastic to share the Weave. One of his favorite spells is Meteor Swarm, he will teach this at an accelerated level.

Clergy:

Vanguardier Lorne Lumis
Lorne is a talented leader of Torm's church with a vast knowledge of cleric prayers. Additionally, she's extremely trained in combat and while not the focus of this initiative, a cleric could benefit from her mentorship in that as well. Lorne especially enjoys the category of mass clerical spells, boons and heals alike. Lorne will teach mass death ward at an accelerated level.

Maribel Veronique Appleblossom the Third
Though you might have trouble finding this absolutely miniscule person, Maribel is a talented cleric in service to Mystra eager to help teach clerical spells. One of the rarest spells she likes to teach is Weapon of energy. Maribel has chosen to focus on Storm of Vengeance and will teach this spell at an accelerated level.

Thaien Ellbrecht
Thaien is a renown painter of Oghma who loves to teach spells in his spare time. Perhaps you might find yourself in a lesson for any clelrical spell while also being painted by your mentor! Thaien has no specific focus for prayers, but he is able to share the talent of brewing.

Druidry:

Alerehin
Alerehin is a reserved druid of Mielikki who spends the majority of his time in the woods with nature, though he has been a fueling source of prayers to other druids when he seeks company. A truly rare gem Alerehin has to offer is the spell liveoak. He has chosen to focus on the Ninth level of Summoning a Nature's Ally and will teach this at an accelerated level.

Lythos
Lythos is also a druid of Mielikki, though less a hermit than Alerehin. He's a retired leader of the circle who is invested in spending his quiet days teaching young druids. He can teach rare prayers such as aura of vitality, mass drown and call lightning. Lythos has chosen to focus on conjuring greater elementals and will teach this at an accelerated level.
Beshaba potatoes.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:16 pm

I'm 95% sure I've lost at least one letter so please let me know if I missed you above. Everyone above has their feats and their focus spell at GM.

Keep notes every time you give a lesson, specifics on how many spells and what. Tally it weekly in a letter to Ione.

You will receive payment based on that, from coin to trinkets to trash fun renames.

Please do not withhold any spells unless for genuine IC reasons, in which case drop me a note so I can work something out with the person needing whatever spell it is.

You can teach out of casting things too and they will count as credit to your teaching.

Please send tells to Ione with questions or ping me here. I will use this thread to hold teaching events and company meeting times.

Look for something in the mail in the upcoming days as a badge of belonging to the fold.

Thank you for volunteering. Please have fun.
Beshaba potatoes.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:16 pm

Update my friends:

The main point of this event was for us to cut back on how teaching was essentially gatekept by these feats.

Going in we knew there were stat requirements but not exactly what.

Turns out, it's kind of miserable, ha.

So here's the deal. If you WANT to change your stats, you can send me a PM with the exchange.

If you do NOT want to change your stats, you can hold a lesson and submit the lesson to us via apps and one of us will load your pupil and set their skill to apprentice.

Teacher 2 requirement is 15, scholar 2 is 15 int AND 14 wis. Proceed as what's best for you.
Beshaba potatoes.
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:55 am

Is it too late to apply to be a mentor for this ongoing event?
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:07 pm

It's not. I've been slower than I would like to have been at making events and prizes for it - I've got some deep stuff going on irl - but the event is ongoing until I'm tired of doing it. :)
Beshaba potatoes.
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:15 am

I totally get the deep stuff IRL, I'm just getting to starting coming back out of some of mine. Glad to be back
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide