Painting and Sculpting

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Aegin
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Painting and Sculpting

Post by Aegin » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:23 pm

Just an RP thing,

but buy small, medium or large canvas, along with small, medium, or large brush, plus beginners paints, expert's paints, or master's paints

paint canvas <short description>

makes a item type treasure that can be sold. However, like many painters, your art probably won't be worth much till after you die :lol:

Then the better painters could also be hired out for a fee to decorate temples and dwellings as well.

Same concept with sculpting. Would need a chisel and hammer (make the chisel usable as a shield so you can hold both without having dual wield).

Can use alot of different things to sculpt with. And those with the Mining trade can mine granite and other stones (haven't reasearched which are better for sculpting) and even clay.

have several different item types for sculpting, including Bust, small statue, small carving, life size statue, etc.

And these people can also be hired to make decorations for temples and dwellings.
I tried to embrace my feminine side, but
it filed a restraining order against me.
Aegin
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Aegin » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:35 pm

yup, but those can't be picked up and given as gifts.

This would allow people to commission out specific pieces, specific paintings or sculptures of themselves or of other things, as opposed to *just* on the walls of temples and dwellings.
I tried to embrace my feminine side, but
it filed a restraining order against me.
Gwain

Post by Gwain » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:58 pm

They can and have in the past Aegin, pieces of art given as wedding gifts for example. I think you send it to the applications email.
Fayona
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Fayona » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:15 am

I was actually intrrested in this. If there was an applictaion for being able to buy a painting or sculpture was just wondering a few things. What do you include in the application and would you need to find out who made the painting or sculpture Ic or Oc? As well as would you be able to higher a player such as a bard to paint somthing for you? Sorry for so many questions but just wondering. Thanks for your time.
*Fay*
-Never Deny The True Feelings Of Your Heart.
Elwin
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Elwin » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:54 am

I think it would go just like any other app. You would be expected to do some RP for it. As far as what to put in the app, I would say like how big of a painting/sculpture, obviously what type(sculpture or painting), and what you want it to be of.
From your friendly neighborhood ranger :)
Tandria
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tandria » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:17 am

I think that this would be something to be applied for. If a character wants to create a sculpture of something, they would likely have to send in the design and coding to builders after applying for it. In the case of wanting to give a painting as a gift . . . well, a painting done with ASCII could likely be easily made into an object code-wise with an application. Although I really like the idea of PCs doing artsy things, I think it could be easily RPed out, and if it's really necessary to have the object of it, then an application could probably be sent in.
"May your travels be Wonderful and Mysterious."
Tyr
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tyr » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:21 pm

Make an object that is type note and has a short of "a painting" or something like that.

Then a player can change the text on the note to "paint" whatever they want.

Tyr
Fayona
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Fayona » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:42 pm

I would just like to thank all of you who have contributed in all of the neat makings of the painting shops throughout all the cities and towns. They have helped create more fun role-playing opportunities and look amazing! Thank you for all your hard and appreciated work! :D
-Never Deny The True Feelings Of Your Heart.