Tournament of Pain

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Amira
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Tournament of Pain

Post by Amira » Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:44 pm

Adventurers across the realms,

Exciting times are upon us! Storms are brewing and people all across the realms are getting blessed by their deities.

To celebrate Loviatar's grand blessing upon myself, Amria Syria, the church of Loviatar will hold another Tournament of Pain soon!

It shall be held at the tournament grounds of the fighter's academy in Westgate (off Sable Street).

Every person allowed within the city walls is welcome - with the exception of enemies of the faith - unless they want to offer themselves for target practice.

All folks are encouraged to participate, be it fighter, wizard, cleric or potato farmer - young or old.

There will be a 25 platinum fee to participate in the tournament and the money will be part of the sum the winner shall receive.

If you do not have such an amount of money, or are not willing to pay it, fear not! I will personally cover your fee in exchange for a future service to the church of Loviatar. You will be called upon your service at a later time. Services may include serving as a practice target for young faithful, cleaning the temple, spreading pain and more (OOC: if there are things you absolutely do not want to happen to your character, let me know and we will find a service you are comfortable with).

No magical items, no armor. Participants are encouraged to fight in nothing but their bare skin, but those unwilling to do so shall receive simple clothes.
Spells and other means that instantly kill the opponent are not allowed. The dead don't feel pain.

There is also need for a spellcaster to dispel any magic on the participants before a fight and a cleric to patch up those in need between rounds so they can keep on fighting.

If you wish to fill any of these roles or have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Amira Syria,
Chosen of Loviatar

OOC:
I am thinking this time (This coming Saturday, June 29, 9PM EDT), unless a majority of people who wish to attend cannot.

To make things clear: all races, levels and classes are welcome unless they are not welcome in Westgate. If you absolutely have to bring a faith enemy of Loviatar, keep their deity hidden. Ideally though, just bring someone else.

The "service to the church" thing is meant to be an opportunity to create more rp in the future and obviously if you are not comfortable with things like having your character tortured and scarred for life, that will not happen. You just need to let me know. This is for creating cross faith roleplay that otherwise might not happen, not to ruin the fun for anyone.

If you have IC questions, find Amira.
For OOC questions, ask here or on Discord.