DELETED

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
DELETED

Handle Animal - Additions

Post by DELETED » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:25 am

DELETED
Athon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Athon » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:07 am

I REALLY do like this idea. I think it could bring in more RP to do with a mount/pet, especially the fact that you no longer have to be in the same room as them. I like the idea of farther distances at higher levels.
~Vanguardier Athon, High Priest of Torm~
~Moranall, Fighter of Waterdeep~
Telk
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Telk » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:29 am

I would have to agree with Athon on this. It makes a lot of sense considering that a trusty companion wouldn't just stand there while their owner lay calling for them.
Zilvryn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Zilvryn » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:53 am

Yeh, this is a pretty sweet idea, in my opinion especially for rangers and others who have well trained mounts, or a particular bond to their pet/mount..
What matters the most is how well you walk through the fire.
Rorix
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Rorix » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:10 pm

For the most part I think this is a good idea. It adds a nice sense of RP that is not possible at the moment. When my mount has fled during a battle I almost always RP that I yell for him to get back here. It would be nice if he would actually have a chance of listening to me code wise. Problems I see with this could be PCs making their mount or pet return to the battle they fled from multiple times to help them win the fight. If a mount feld from your side in the first place, I do not see him coming back if there is a battle still going on. Maybe the code could say:

Code: Select all

Your mount is to frightened to answer you call
There should also be a rang on your call. I would say something close to only the square of rooms around you. One area in the wilderness is quite far, so I can't imagine you being able to make a call for your mount if he is farther than one or two rooms. Also I do not know if it is possible automatically obtain a skill from leveling in another skill. Can this be done? All in all it's a great idea to enhance RP.

Rad Adam - the Eye of the Storm
"So Lonestar, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."
Isolrem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Isolrem » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:58 pm

Very nice, and perhaps a whistle is needed, or other similar items.
Certainly the mount can not traverse terrain it normally wouldn't pass.
Chars: Aryvael et all.