mob resets and non-sentinel mobs

For builders to discuss and ask building questions.
Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

mob resets and non-sentinel mobs

Post by Kregor » Sun May 29, 2005 11:57 pm

When we put a mob in resets, there's a limit setting for the number of mobs in that room. But what about if a mob moves out of the room?

Example: I am coding my guard mob. This mob will gen from guard posts around the area, one, maybe two, from each guard post. From there, thay are going to wander to do their job.

Does the fact that they have wandered from their reset room mean that another one pops up? Or does the game code keep track of the alive mobs that have come from that room?

Obviously, if I'm missing something, I don't want to end up with like 30 guard mobs roaming around.... then again, maybe I do :)
"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Kregor - Ranger of Tangled Trees
Rozor - Lady Luck's Duelist
Tygen - Ranger-Bard of Mielikki
Andreas
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Trouble with OLC Resets

Post by Andreas » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:48 am

I was having some trouble with resets in OLC last night.

I'd minvoke m13070 where I wanted to set his start location. I'd oinvoke a few items for him to sell, give them to him then instaroom and save area. I habitually check to make sure everything is working right, so I'd use rat to purge my area then resetarea to make sure the mobs were loading up the way I wanted them. Unfortunately... they weren't.

Mari came on and tried to help and the best we could figure is that OLC was being fussy at that time.
Helm keep thee.
Tyr
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tyr » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:40 pm

Also mobs will no longer reset if a pc is in the room.

Tyr