Silence of Words

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Gregal

Silence of Words

Post by Gregal » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:17 pm

I am not sure where this would go in, so I put it in General. If a player was to say take a pact not to cast any spells for a certain amount of time would the Gods be able to see this? I am not sure about how the code works or what can or can't be done.
Thanks
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:21 pm

If a PC was to say "I will not cast a spell for 30 days" I would say that this would be stricly an RP situation. There would be no need for any type of log to be made for this. Would much rather see the coders working on new areas and stuff ;)
My opinion
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Tretch
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Tretch » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:19 am

Algon wrote:If a PC was to say "I will not cast a spell for 30 days" I would say that this would be stricly an RP situation. There would be no need for any type of log to be made for this. Would much rather see the coders working on new areas and stuff ;)
My opinion
Pffft....

Oh sure... its just your opinion. Stop Safeguarding your posts Algon!!! lol

As Algon said. Strictly RP and will have to be monitored as well as you can ICly

However, thats just Algon's opinion :P

Jake
A young male human looks at your claw, his eyes widen, "Wha-what is that on your claw?"
You look to the claw, stopping abruptly
You yell, "Git et off! Git et off!" and begin to hop up and down, shaking your hand,
voice turning to a girlish scream!
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kelemvor » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:15 am

Most PC actions are logged, but to determine if you had stayed spell-celibate for a month would be needlessly complicated and time-consuming.
Opinionated :wink: or not, Algon and Tretch were correct on that score it is far better to have such things observed realtime in character roleplay

Telling other characters ICly, asking on question for an NC memeber to pass on the details to an Imm, sending an e-mail to applications@forgottenkingdoms.com or praying to either your chosen deity or 'the gods' in general are all ways in which you can make known your IC intentions so that the Gods can look out for it.

Please see 'help prayer board' and 'help prayer' before reeling off a list of roleplay intentions to the Gods though, or you may attract the wrong kind of attention. :)
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.