Mounts

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Aradiana
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Mounts

Post by Aradiana » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:41 pm

I have a problem. I trained animal handling so I could get my pony to do what I want, and while working with the skill, I had the pony sit. I tried to set an alias for the order pony command and it suddenly decided that my pony is not able to stand. It was working fine until I tried to assign an alias. I tried to assign it to the word order and I cant seem to unassign it. Other than the program disliking the alias I set, I can't see why I can't get my mount to stand. :shock:
Elwin
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Elwin » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:35 am

To unassign it, just type alias order with nothing behind it, it will set it back to default. As far as the problem, I do not know about that one.
From your friendly neighborhood ranger :)
Wenin
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Wenin » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:16 am

Avoid using Aliases that match command words. An alias takes precedent over the game's command.

I created a basic alias as follows:

alias om Order pony %

Use the command by typing om <command>
Example:
om snort

om stands for Order Mount.
Aradiana
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Mount inventory

Post by Aradiana » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:56 pm

I finally managed to get that one to work, however I do have another question regarding mounts and their inventory. My mount has some coin on it and I have tried several times to 'get all pony' and variations of this. It just keeps telling me it sees 'no pony here' This is frustrating and I really don't understand why I can't do it as though it was a pack! Also, how does one feed its mount? When I first got the pony, I attempted to feed it a carrot, mind you I used the give command and it stashed the carrot in its inventory so I know that doesnt work. :lol:
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:03 pm

The syntax get (item) (container) only works for ... containers, for objects that can contain other items. If you want to take something from a creature, you need to steal it from them.

Of course, in the case of your mount, you don't have to steal the item, you can simply order your mount to drop the item, as in order (mount) drop (item).

There's no need to feed pets on Forgotten Kingdoms, although doing so clearly adds to the roleplay. First, you either drop the food or give it to the mount/pet. Then you order your pet to eat the food, as in: order (mount) eat (food).

Note that you can also order your mount/pet to smote eating if you do not want to get rid of the object, or if you want to make it last longer, for example order (mount) smote slowly approaches the carrot on the ground and sniffs it.
Wenin
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Wenin » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:03 pm

To avoid dropping items on the ground, which can be lost due to a game crash, or a player grabbing the item, you can have your mount give you items.
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:47 pm

Also, with the mounts giving items to you or having them drop items, you can emote unstrapping the bags or items (or something like that) just to make it make more sense than a horse dropkicking an apple to you or shaking it off its back :)