A group quest

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

A group quest

Post by Dalvyn » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:57 pm

I'm planning to open up a group quest area on Saturday during the GMT afternoon, starting at approximately 2pm my time (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... ec=0&p1=48).

This area has been used only once, with a good-aligned group of adventurers. It requires imm supervision (since it has some complicated programs and might still contain a few bugs), so it is generally not accessible.

If you are interested in setting up a balanced group for this event, please send me a mail to quests@forgottenkingdoms.com. I'll pick one of the groups, favourizing groups of evil over groups of good (since it was used the first time with a good-aligned group, but if no satisfying evil group applies, then I'll pick up any group).

Requirements: The quest would be a rather high level one, for characters of level 40 and more. The first group took some 10 hours to complete it. The group should stick together as much as possible, and be ready to roleplay and share ideas/information, not just rush through the quests. The quest requires a variety of skills, so a balanced party would be better (with at least one cleric, one wizard, one rogue, and one fighter); groups should have between 4 and 6 members (bigger groups will be too messy), and a leader should be designated (same leader for the whole quest). If you cannot complete the whole quest in time, we might continue it on Sunday evening (afternoon/evening for the US), but we can discuss the finest details later. There is some mob bashing, but there are also several riddles (so if you don't like this kind of thing, better not apply).

Don't be mad/sad or accuse me of favouritism if you are not chosen. The area will be opened up again later and you will be given other opportunities at it.

Feel free to ask questions here, but remember to send the applications (with the names of the characters in the group, only one mail per group, but you can be in more than one group) in a mail.
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:15 pm

A nice evil IMM run rp sound wonderful :D
kaer is definatly going to try to get in. Sooo any of you evils out there that will be able to make it, I am putting together a group.
Please email me at Jpearson2004@yahoo.com and give me your evils name.
A 10 hour evil RP!!!! Good lord I hope some of you older evils come back around ;)
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Argentia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Argentia » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:20 pm

What about neutrals who "swing both ways"? As in, they associate with both goods and evils?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.
Glim
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Glim » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:30 pm

Bah, would love to go. Unfortunately am busy all this weekend. Hope you guys have fun. :)
Glim asks Gwain 'Can I be on the watch?!?'
Gwain raises an eyebrow.
Gwain seems to display a look of complete horror for a second...
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:58 pm

Argentia, I am not sure if your question was for me or for Algon... Neutrals can join any group, as far as I'm concerned. As long as the group remains ICly consistent (e.g., no neutral of Gond with an evil of Talos), I'm fine with it.
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:17 pm

I believe I have most of my group down...I just need an evil wiz. Any one interested see my above post and email me.
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Gregal

:)

Post by Gregal » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:06 pm

Sephany would love to get in on that rp, Personally I see a lot of Neutrals taking the sides of Good. Never do I see a neutral taking the side of evil. That is just me and what I see though. YAY! Though for evil rp
Elwin
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Elwin » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:46 am

The group RP has already past. Not enough people applied I believe. Perhaps Dalvyn will decide to hold another one at a later time.
From your friendly neighborhood ranger :)
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:41 am

Well, enough people applied... but amongst those who applied, only one showed up.
Caelnai
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Caelnai » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:15 pm

Eek. I didn't even apply because it sounded like it was already filled up. I'll know better next time and just go for it! :D
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:31 pm

Gregal,

I don't want responses to this particular information as it is off Dalvyn's topic; however, I want to address a misconception in your post above.

Although it has improved considerably, one of the things the imms have had to deal with on a rather considerable basis are neutral PCs who choose that alignment so they can rp evil without having the red aura associated with evil. It is the main reason for there being a higher kismet cost to play certain neutral alignments. While you may witness some neutrals leaning toward the good side, our experience has been the opposite (recent times excluded).
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity