The new faith levels

To share knowledge about the world and links to useful resources.
Argentia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

The new faith levels

Post by Argentia » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:19 am

The new faith levels are interesting... But I've noticed that they seem a little mismatched. For example, in one faith that I am in I am only an acolye even though I have been part of the faith for a very long time... I was just about the only active player for a very long time, but... I notice that my character is only an acolyte while other characters who rarely were logged are higher...

Please don't misinterpret my post as a gripe, because I don't mean it to be that way. It just sort of makes sense that more active and involved characters would hold higher positions than rather inactive ones. Really my question here was whether or not the faith levels still need to be worked out and properly assigned, or was I just expecting too much for my character? Sorry if any of this sounded like a whine, I didn't mean for it to be.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.
Ninde
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Ninde » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:41 am

Actually, the faith levels help file is not actually true. Acording to quest that you can gather information about these faith levels, Acolyte is higher level than initates. You can be a part of inner circle, after the rank of Acolyte.
Please correct if I am wrong.
Thank you.
Argentia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Argentia » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:51 am

Ah, that would make a bit more sense, then. Sorry, the help file threw me off. It says that initiate is higher than acolyte.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.
Waukeen
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Waukeen » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:14 am

If there is a set faith manager in your faith, as well, he or she has likely been entrusted to advancing the levels of the faith. If you have not run into your faith manager since the change was put into place, this is likely why you are at a lower faith level than others.
The Mercantile Trade is the best road to enrichment.
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Cret » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:23 am

I believe everyone was lowered to Acolyte untill Faith Managers could be set.
I think I was there when everyone was lowered to Acolyte, there was a global echo.

I know personaly Cret has been entrusted to quest many new members of the faith.. Yet he is an Acolyte. I would think he would be in the Inner Circle to say the least. However, Untill the Diety's and Faith Managers are selected I can only Rp as I did before.

I reccomend anyone with these concearns do the same. Dont wory about it untill it becomes an issue.
Mask
Staff
Staff

Post by Mask » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:28 am

The help file for faith levels was inaccurate. The updated, correct version states:

Faith Levels
===============

Forgotten Kingdoms has a concept of 'faith levels' which tracks your seniority
within a given faith. The various levels are:

Agnostic - Non-committal about which deity to worship
- This is the default state for all characters.
Enquirer - Enquiring about a particular religion for further information
- Attain this level by using 'faith enquire <deity name>' in the presence of a
follower of the religion you wish to learn more about.
Hopeful - Would like to join the religion previously enquired about
- Attain this level by using 'faith apply' in the presence of a follower
of the religion you wish to join.
Questee - Undertaking some perilous task to prove your worth
- A senior member of your religion must initiate you to this level.
Quested - Have completed the quest assigned to you
- Attain this level by using 'faith questcomplete' in the presence of a follower
of the religion you wish to join.
Initiate - A junior member of a faith.
Acolyte - A normal member of a faith.
Prelate - A privileged member of a faith.
Inner Circle - A highly privileged member of a faith.
Faith Manager - Someone who manages a faith on behalf of their deity
- Your deity will induct you to this level of the faith.

What Waukeen said is correct, existing followers should all be set to 'Initiate' upon login. Faith managers are responsible for adjusting faith levels up from that base level to better reflect the seniority of each member of a faith.

Cheers,

Martin
Levine
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Levine » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:55 am

A character of mine wished to join a faith before the new code update. (She's prayed already.) She was spoken to once by a member of the faith, and was nearly quested another time (Was shooed off the comp because of dinner. :()

With the new code update, I was wondering..

Is it a MUST to "faith enquire <deityname>"?

If yes, is it possible to "faith apply" right after enquiring even before someone gets back to me to give me more information on the faith?

Thanks. :D

-gissy :D
Must I kill them
To make them lie still
Ninde
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Ninde » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:15 am

And also in addition to Levine's question, what if you are hopeful of a deity that doesnt have an active follower at all? Will you stay at agnostic until an imm/that deity will find you to rp?
Thank you
Mask
Staff
Staff

Post by Mask » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:23 am

Yes, it is a must to do 'faith enquire', and it is acceptable to do 'faith apply' immediately afterwards if you have already spoken to a member of a faith.

With gods that have no active followers, you should search for an active NPC follower of the god. If the deity is not a coded deity, you will need to send an application to applications@forgottenkingdoms.com and we will attempt to accomodate you if possible.

Cheers,

Martin
Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kregor » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:00 pm

Mask wrote:If the deity is not a coded deity, you will need to send an application to applications@forgottenkingdoms.com and we will attempt to accomodate you if possible.
Is this to say that were opening back up to special RP faiths?? :D
"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Kregor - Ranger of Tangled Trees
Rozor - Lady Luck's Duelist
Tygen - Ranger-Bard of Mielikki
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kelemvor » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:12 am

Shame on you Marty, stealing Waukeen's thunder...

But yes, after a very gracious offer from Waukeen to oversee things we will now start considering applications from players to play followers of uncoded deities.

You are not guaranteed a yes and the support you receive will be limited to questing and some simple items reflecting your uncoded deity. However, a suitably well-thought out background and an indication that you are familiar enough with the deity in question will likely see you application allowed.

If she has time, I'm sure Waukeen will expand on this with any other requirements and instructions
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:14 pm

Does this also apply to people that had already completed the tasks assigned for the faith quest, and were initiate's just waiting to meet up with the HP or some such thing?

Will we also have to faith enquire and faith apply? Or are we already around that bend?
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kelemvor » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:07 am

In order to 'catch up' to te point which you were at prior to the new faith levels being brought in you will need to advance yourself through the early levels.

So yes, you should faith enquire and faith apply. A faith manager or Imm can then set you to questee and you can take it fromt here
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.
Rhytania
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Rhytania » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:17 am

Just a quick suggestion:
Ive noticed today that you could only view on the faith list those that have an equal rank as well as those that are of a lower rank, with the exceptions of the Faith Managers. I thought the faith list was to show you the heirarchy of the faith in whole. Kind of like a badge of honor as all in a faith would know all the major players. Food for thought.
Elwin
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Elwin » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:24 pm

Hmm, I'm able to see all the people in the faith when I do a faith list. I don't know why you're not able to.
From your friendly neighborhood ranger :)
Rhytania
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Rhytania » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:42 pm

Its becuase your inner circle you see everyone below you. However if your an initiate you cannot see any acolytes, prelates, or inner circle. all you can see are the faith managers.
Last edited by Rhytania on Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theillik

confused

Post by Theillik » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:45 am

I don't really understand why we can't see those that are a higher faith level than us. Shouldn't we know whom to go to for help, to learn, to see an example? Shouldn't we know whom our leaders are?
Velsavius
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Velsavius » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:42 am

One of my characters is of Initiate level, he can see two others of Acolyte level but there are no characters of the Inner circle or Faith managers, personally I think it's just that these positions haven't been finalised yet, so many new things have gone into the game of late, things are just gonna take time. Relax... It wont happen over night, but it will happen :) If this is not what your talking about disregard the post.
Achievement is no excuse for sloth
Past glory is for the dead
A true hero never rests
But always drives on one deed further
Boe
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Boe » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:27 am

I think he's right, some positions just haven't been filled yet. However I'd like to make a suggestion that perhaps instead of flat out giving a whole list of who's in the faith and who isn't it would be dependant on who has greeted you and who hasn't? Thus preventing someone from enquiring about a faith and learning who is and isn't in the faith and what position they hold. This also would stop someone from enquiring and suddenly knowing to look for so and so because they are high in the faith, or looking for such and such because they know that's the best route to get faithed the quickest. Of course some of this can't be stopped when people put things in their titles but it would prevent it to an extent.

Ideas and questions always welcome,

-Kyle
Elwin
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Elwin » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:31 pm

Well, personally, I would think high-ranking people in a faith would be well-known. So, someone enquiring in a faith would know who to seek out to get on the path to being faithed. I don't really see a problem with people seeing everyone on the faith list, even enquires. Really if you're a faith manager or part of the inner circle, everyone in that faith would know your name, and enquirers would probably have heard their names more than once.
From your friendly neighborhood ranger :)