Phantasmal Killer

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Dugald
Sword Master
Sword Master

Phantasmal Killer

Post by Dugald » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:51 am

In the help file of Phantasmal Killer it says the spell is logged. I was wondering if I could get clarification on what exactly that means so I don't end up unknowingly ruining the imms day.

IC - It's a quick fix to any hostile mob and zero cost...like a magic missile with disintegrate outcome.

OOC - If it spams the IMMs when my PC casts it, I don't want to cast it often, if at all (because no one likes being spammed)

So I was just wondering if something being "logged" actually shot text across the screen of IMMs & Admins every single time I cast, or if it is only one line for X amounts of casts.

Also, it probably deserves a spell component and something like a 30th level target max (I'm not so sure there is one in place now) for a death effect
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:00 am

I think it is logged to make sure the spell is not abused, because of it's ic properties so that it will not be used in pk without rp, I could be wrong though.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Cret » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:02 am

This spell requires rp to be used. Before when the spell was more rare you had to imput the 'fear' into your spell

cast 'phantasmal killer' deamon A phaerium.

Also, this spell shouldnt be used on creatures that are immune to fear, have no minds, or are of much stronger mental capibilities then you.

Undead, illithids... etc.
Zach

Post by Zach » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:43 pm

I believe when something is "logged" it does not send an echo to anyone. But would pop up in a log that is spefic for stuff that is abusive. Shove is a logged comand I believe. As is request, demand, and those of the sort. I think someone could see all of the 'logged' commands could togle some command to show it all.

This is my thought on it.
Solaghar
Staff
Staff

Post by Solaghar » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:21 pm

Actually it does send an echo to everyone who is authorized to see such information in addition to logging it for future reference.
Beshaba
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Beshaba » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:18 pm

Any command that is logged is seen by all Imms. There is no easy toggle to turn things off like that.
Dugald
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Dugald » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:47 pm

Okie doke, that's what I was looking for - I'll keep the using of it and other "logged" things to a minimum.