Trials in Waterdeep

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Kirkus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kirkus » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 pm

No, in FR there are Magisters who pass judgement at the common court. Then if someone dosn't like the verdict they have two days to go to the lords court and appeal the decision. The trick is all severe crimes go striaght to the Lords court. In FR there are 26 they are paid and given a place to live if they don't feel safe living among the common public.

Here is what I think. I think we should have 9. And stipulations are that 3 must be players from say the popluation that plays consistently between 7:00am to 3:00pm Central time of course. The next three would cover 3:00pm to 11:00pm and the last three would play during the graveyard shift of 11:00pm till 7:00am.

This would be simply to spread covereage so that Joe Fighter of Generic God that lives in some part of europe or asia and plays at 2:00 in the morning according to central time is still given the opportunity to a. be a magister given he has the right background ie he's not a follower of Talos or some other evil god. and b. he has the opportunity to rp with one.

which brings us to my next point. They don't need to have godly access to mobs, just give them a locked post on the boards. They can log into the forums and talk about cases and if they need info from a mob log they can ask an imm.

Next.... we post a magister mob outside the Castle and his job is simply to take in and log court hearing requests. They would simply take a date and time ie between this time and this time. This would be only for the times when one isn't on, which should be minimized with the three shifts of pc magisters.

Which brings up a good point. A PC who has a character magister won't be required to only play that character, thus the mob taking appointments. Now hear me out on this because I don't even know if its possible but they could have a speak channel like the newbie help team and imms and what not. So that when a pc is taken in for a crime or someone requests a trial the players of magisters online will automatically know and can say "Hey I can be there in 5 minutes and we can take care of this now, or set a time with the mob guy." and the criminal can reply " Yeah I will wait for you and we can do this then." And if an imm sees whats going on and wants to watch they can.

Now sorry to contradict you Sean but I think there should be trials, to me the more chances for pc to pc interaction the better. And the more mundane and normal the better. Of course court cases probabily won't be mundane.
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Sean
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Sean » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:49 pm

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'd love to see PC to PC interaction in the court.

My suggestion was mearly something that came to mind while I typed, so I typed it. I figured that if anyone thought that crimes against mobs would be too 'mundane' to be judged by a PC, because the offended was an NPC, then the Justice system could just take care of it. But personally, I'd much rather see a PC take a position (Say, a city watch member) of fighting in court in the name of the offended mob.