code updates, and area updates.

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Dobras
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

code updates, and area updates.

Post by Dobras » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:40 am

is there anyway we can look up the recent code updates, and area updates in more detail?
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:44 am

As in?
Dobras
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Dobras » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:14 am

There is an abundance of echos saying: code update in 5 mins, just wondering what they are.
Nearraba
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nearraba » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:55 pm

I know you can type Area and it will give you a list of Temples, Organization Headquarters, Guildhouses and Academies, Areas for Imms and special rps, Major cities and towns, Villages and encampments, Special areas, Underdark Areas, Areas from other planes, Different level dungeons/quest areas, and Wilderness Areas. However, I do not think there is an actual help file where all players are able to see where each new code is. In my opinion, more detail as you asked for, would take some of the excitement out of going around and exploring for these new updates, of course just my opinion. :)
Autumn is a second spring where every leaf has its turn to be a flower.
- Albert Camus
Kirkus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kirkus » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:03 pm

I don't think Dobras was looking for more detail as to the areas. I think he was looking for things like bugs fixed and what not. While not as problematic as giving away area info, I still feel the average player needs to know. Yeah it would be nice, but for the ammount of time that it would take to list every small thing that gets fixed....... its not really worth it. In my opinion, they tell us the biggies, the major code updates. Those are the ones that matter, that every pc in the game will notice the difference, and they already give us that infoo.
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Zach

Post by Zach » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:36 pm

Actually Kirkus, this is not true. They (the great admins) do not tell us of every code change they do... EVEN the really big ones

EDIT: This sounds a bit bad... and gives the impression that they NEVER do... sometimes they do and it is quite nice when they echo about the code updates...

But you are also right. Some times the code update is for very small things... like... a to fix an echo for a quest or when entering a room... or fixing a spelling error... that stuff does not really CHANGE anything... just perfects what is already in the game...

Dobras... you are right... for new areas and things that get inputted... it would be nice to have something up on the board... or something like a news report like:

"Let it be known across the land. Boldurs Gate is in need of adventurers, new and old alike."

Not complaining or anything... but just a little hint that there are new areas to explorer
Dobras
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Dobras » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:06 pm

Indeed. I don't ask for a full desc of an area, just whatever is updated, or any new additions to the game.
Dobras
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Dobras » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:07 pm

Indeed. I don't ask for a full desc of an area, just whatever is updated, or any new additions to the game.

(I'm changing into a new player account, I will no longer be using Dobras, I'll be the same guy, but just under Sparlen, Thank you.)