Call for help - deities

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:54 pm

Right. I would need them in painting form, and they can be slightly larger than holy symbols.

I already have paintings for all the other deities, but not for those.
Eltsac
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Eltsac » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:56 pm

Ok, i will work on those.

Can some be made IC?
Eltsac, Loren Wildsoul, Gaymor, Heleyn Featherhand, Aminiel Emeraldeyes, Derissa Silvershield, Hova, Cal Nimblefinger, Cylistria Baenre
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Mariela » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:57 pm

Not to completely kill your brain Dalvyn but as a newbie onc eupon a time knowing some of the elven main bodies and a couple of the more popular ones are super helpful. :)

There are too many characters that reference them.
Confusion heard his voice, and wild uproar Stood ruled, stood vast infinitude confined;
Till at his second bidding darkness fled, Light shone, and order from disorder sprung.
--John Milton
Brar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Brar » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:57 pm

I don't think Elistrae is a good idea -> drizt wanabee *coughs*, and more seriously it's not a human, nor a major racial deity.

Brar, who is worried about his sleep tmes now that painting are in the process... :lol:
Your friendly house-elf,
Brar
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Mariela » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:58 pm

Not to completely kill your brain Dalvyn but as a newbie onc eupon a time knowing some of the elven main bodies and a couple of the more popular ones are super helpful. :)

Confusion heard his voice, and wild uproar Stood ruled, stood vast infinitude confined;
Till at his second bidding darkness fled, Light shone, and order from disorder sprung.
--John Milton
Lysha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lysha » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:03 am

Brar Golik wrote:I don't think Elistrae is a good idea -> drizt wanabee *coughs*, and more seriously it's not a human, nor a major racial deity.

Brar, who is worried about his sleep tmes now that painting are in the process... :lol:
I already asked, and they did say lesser known deities can be done.

They didn't say that she was going to be coded, but she is still...there.

Two of the most popular Eilistraeen followers in the Forgotten Realms novels are Liriel Baenre and Qilué of The Seven Sisters.

That's got to count for something, hmm?
Your punch viciously hammers a shark's abdomen.
A shark is stunned, but will probably recover.

http://www.elfonlyinn.net/d/20070925.html
Gregal

Post by Gregal » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:05 am

What the mud is down? *figets* muttering to himself: Try to think it is up, its up...*gives shifty eyes and a crazy grin*

The signs of withdrawl are kicking in.
Brar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Brar » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:06 am

[quote=dalvyn]Elven gods - no, that area would focus on human gods and the main racial gods.[/quote] ;)

And well, being known in novels, does not mean they are known in the realms, Ellistrae is almost more secretive than Mask regarding good civilization (her main temple is in Skullport).

Ok, can the statue be made of any material? like glass and wood?
Your friendly house-elf,
Brar
Zach

Post by Zach » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:07 am

game is up!!!!
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:07 am

The paintings should be sent to the publication address and done ICly, yes. Note that you do not have to be a bard to submit publications (be they books or paintings).
That's part of what I call roleplay snobbism - players who come and expect people to know everything about those blasted elves (or worse, who expect people NOT to know and who aim at showing how superior they are, by knowing all those things). Plus... people who decide to keep a whole set of islands all of themselves and kill all those who would but only approach the islands, do not deserve to have more than one statue built after their gods! That's my bias.

Now, ICly, it's certainly fine NOT to know about those gods. The contrary would be actually surprising.
Elistrae
Yup, feel free to work on her. She might not be a topmost racial deity, but she would be part of the knowledge that people would spread... "Yes, drow... bad guys... but... rumour has it that some of them are good and follow a good drow deity or something." = rumour of the people, that would incite people to actually help others to learn about Elistrae. In other words, there are reasons for people to be curious and eager to know about her.
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kelemvor » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:07 am

Decided to spend time with family rather than fret about missing FK... and look what happens.

Just a footnote to the lucky soul who offered to describe me - the Kelemvor of FK is post the Trial of Cyric and not the human-looking version who first took over the role from my dear pal Cyric.

PM me if you want my description and equip details, though I may not respond until tomorrow (sleep beckons)
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.
Gregal

Post by Gregal » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:08 am

OMG That is too weird, I post that and its back up....WOOO The gods shine on this day! Run everyone leave Dalvyn here...lets jump on! ;) LOL, just kidding dalvyn working on the desc's now
Brar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Brar » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:08 am

great, this way we (she) can test the painting :p
Your friendly house-elf,
Brar
Eltsac
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Eltsac » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:11 am

Of course we won't let you dawn Dal ;)

Eltsac
Eltsac, Loren Wildsoul, Gaymor, Heleyn Featherhand, Aminiel Emeraldeyes, Derissa Silvershield, Hova, Cal Nimblefinger, Cylistria Baenre
Eltsac
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Eltsac » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:14 am

Nobody working on Azuth?

If not i will take him.

Eltsac
Lysha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lysha » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:21 am

Can we do dead gods?

Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:23 am

It depends which one(s) you want to do. Better post here before starting to work on them.
Lysha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lysha » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:25 am

I was thinking of doing a broken/defiled one of Leira...

*waits anxiously*
And I can't play right now because I have family dinner in 20 minutes or so...Well, I guess I could play for a little bit.... *shifty eyes*
Last edited by Lysha on Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gregal

Post by Gregal » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:30 am

Oh Lleira is a awsome goddess...that would be cool if she was in it. I do love how she was killed, and nobody knew what happened to her. I think it should be done, personally knowing the past is beneficial to many players to know what to expect now. Just like Talona wanting the portfolio of rot....MmmmmMMMMm drama amongst the gods...Juicy news.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:37 am

Maybe we can add a section about dead gods later... But that's not the focus currently.