How many Kisnet to create a Bard?

To share knowledge about the world and links to useful resources.
Leohand
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

How many Kisnet to create a Bard?

Post by Leohand » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:15 pm

I plan to create a bard character. I believe 50 kisnet is required to get into the rogue section of creation, but since the game is down at the moment I don't knowthat for sure. And assuming I'm right, is Bard the same? No extra kisnet?

And also, I saw reference to a Harper Scout class in the works, can't remember where that was. If someone know when that will be released, or if it already is I'd like to know, because I would really like to see if my bard, when I create it, can get into that class.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:29 pm

Becoming a bard is the cost to create a rogue, then roleplay. :) Bards in FK write works get them published, perform, paint, etc. Whatever their little bard heart desires. :)
Beshaba potatoes.
Leohand
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Leohand » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:33 pm

Mele wrote:Becoming a bard is the cost to create a rogue, then roleplay. :) Bards in FK write works get them published, perform, paint, etc. Whatever their little bard heart desires. :)

Okay, great. Now, the hard part will be getther about 30 platinum before I leave the training grounds when I get that far. I mean, I only started playing a couple days ago, and I already have around thirty kisnet, I don't know how I got them, but I'm not complaining. I just must be doing something right. But yeah, with the speed at which I've been making those Kisnet, I thought I'd better start planning my bard. Thanks for the help.
Leohand
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Leohand » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:37 pm

Leohand wrote: Okay, great. Now, the hard part will be getther about 30 platinum before I leave the training grounds when I get that far. I mean, I only started playing a couple days ago, and I already have around thirty kisnet, I don't know how I got them, but I'm not complaining. I just must be doing something right. But yeah, with the speed at which I've been making those Kisnet, I thought I'd better start planning my bard. Thanks for the help.
Silly me, sorry, when I make my bard character I plan to remain in the training grounds until I have that much money so I can buy two things right away, a nice instrument and a fast horse and have a little more set aside just in case. I thought I'd better clarify that so I don't confuse peeps.
Layna
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Layna » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:50 pm

As far as I recall it's 200 kismet to create a rogue. I seem to remember it saying 50 kismet was needed, but this being a misprint... unless that's changed?

You'll then need to submit your first publication, which is always a proud day ;)
Last edited by Layna on Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Alaudrien
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alaudrien » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:52 pm

Hah! If you have that much kismet you must be doing some dark good rping and being rewarded by players and imms alike. Just the requirement of 50 kismet to be a rogue and alot of rping and publishing to earn your bardhood. I think once you do enough and prove yourself you get a token to join the bard school in Silverymoon^^ I love bards I have not seen many of them in game that much anymore. Some bards concentrate on one type of art books, poems, songs etc.. I haven't seen someone do them all I think. OF course I am a dunce! haha good Luck Leo! :P
I take only what I need and I need everything!

-Alyzlin
Charissa
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Charissa » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:54 pm

Okay, great. Now, the hard part will be getther about 30 platinum before I leave the training grounds when I get that far. I mean, I only started playing a couple days ago, and I already have around thirty kisnet, I don't know how I got them, but I'm not complaining. I just must be doing something right. But yeah, with the speed at which I've been making those Kisnet, I thought I'd better start planning my bard. Thanks for the help.
:) Welcome to the Fk!

There are more ways to gain coin other than the "training ground," both inside and outside of the hometown you choose, so no need about having to stay there and gather coin. Go out and Adventure some! (And you can take someone with you if its in your rp, there are alot of us that would love to help.) :)

Secondly, You gain kismet by the hours you spend rping on your character. You may also gain kismet from other characters that reward good rp and even deities. :wink:

Hoped that help you out a bit and look forward to seeing more bards around. :D

Edit:: To Include on Layna's words :D Here is the link to the publishing directions, http://www.forgottenkingdoms.com/board/ ... php?t=2389
Leohand
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Leohand » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:06 pm

Charissa wrote:
:) Welcome to the Fk!

There are more ways to gain coin other than the "training ground," both inside and outside of the hometown you choose, so no need about having to stay there and gather coin. Go out and Adventure some! (And you can take someone with you if its in your rp, there are alot of us that would love to help.) :)

Secondly, You gain kisment by the hours you spend rping on your character. You may also gain kisment from other characters that reward good rp and even deities. :wink:

Hoped that help you out a bit. :D

So, like, by role-playing there eight hours a day I can gain Kisnet? That's cool. The friend that recommended FK to me said it was hard to gain kisnet, but he's not online all that much. Well, when the game is up and running again I'll play as much as I can! To be honest I don't have a job, but I think I'll be starting one next week, I had a good interview and all that, so I am pretty confident about getting that job.

Then, of course, I won't have as much time to spend on FK, so I'd better use the time I do have and use a lot of it.
Lathlain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lathlain » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:22 pm

The kismet gain is calculated at one per hour spent in game, but aye! The real key is to get out there and impress the others to the extent that they start to excercise the elusive reward command on you. As a potential bard character, you've a lot of extra potential for flamboyancy, pomp and energetic roleplay - Not to put too steep a stereotype on the class ;-)
It all contributes!
"This is General Lath'lain Dy'nesir, of the Ebon Spur. Walking Murder surrounded by a thin veneer of civility."
-Miriel
Japcil
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Japcil » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:22 pm

Kismet can be earned numerous ways.

First: Immortal Reward
Doesn't cost the account to reward.

Second: Player Reward
I am almost sure it isnt a 1:1 ratio but the rewarder does lose a portion of kismet when rewarding others.

Third: Quest rewards.
Many quests use a command to give exp and kismet to the PC upon completing a quest.

Fourth: Being Online
Basically by playing you are earning one point for every hour. Note: Abusing this by going afk for long periods or going link dead continuously raises flags and subject to immortal intervention.

Also as to some inspiration for you: You get coin for writing books. So perhaps plan out what your Bard will write, that is if your bard is interested in being a writer.

A new system went in not that long ago. Its called publication tokens. When you submit new books or paintings you get a token for each. They are kept track in your quest log not an actual object. Upon having a certain amount you get additional rewards. A personal seller of your works to even a home without the coin cost of the room. Note additional fees apply for wards and locks and monthy bills.
Leohand
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Leohand » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:32 pm

Thanks for the help everyone. Not, that resolves part of my question. The other one was, I saw somewhere on this forem that a 'Harper Scout prestige class was being created, and that was months old, so I am wondering if it's been completed or it hasn't, does anyone know? And what arethe stats I should train with my bard to get into that Prestige class some day? Well, if anyone has that answer it would be really nice. But I suspect it hasn't been completed yet.
Windows 95: n.
32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.
Ninde
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Ninde » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:53 pm

Actually, prestige classes isn't in the game still. But Harpers exist in the game, as an organization, and you will need to find a way to join them ICly.