[ROLEPLAY] Ardeep (Part 2)

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

[ROLEPLAY] Ardeep (Part 2)

Post by Dalvyn » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:26 am

A plan has been hatched and a group has been formed, that will attempt and get rid of the demons dwelling in Ardeep. Yet, several questions remain without answers and the plan is incomplete. More information to be found in game.

OOC note (session time). If the missing answers are found soon enough, the first session for the group of 9 adventurers will take place next saturday, starting at this time and going on for perhaps 4 or 5 hours, depending on the availability. The next sessions will most likely happen on the following saturdays.

The plan consists in sending a group of brave adventurers into the heart of Ardeep, through hidden and magical ways, till they reach someone who might be able to channel enough power through the mace Demonbane to destroy all the demons. That journey will most likely be long and will happen in several incursions, after each of which the adventurers will backtrack to the safety of the nearby towns to resupply and share what they will have discovered.

OOC note (group selection). This is already a very big group, much bigger than what I had first planned, and choosing who will go and who will not go is never easy, believe me. The group already has an overwhelming majority of warriors (6 warriors for only 2 clerics and 1 wizard - though another cleric might be added), which might already mean that the mobs will be unchallenging. I am sorry that more players could not be added to the group, but (a) that would only have made the challenge problem even worse, and (b) a large group is very chaotic, spammy, and does not really allow for every member to take part in the roleplay and chime in with opinions, smote, and comments.

OOC note (replacements for missing characters). That being said, if some players cannot make it to one of the sessions, it is quite possible that another player is brought along. So, try and remain informed on the progresses of the quest.

OOC note (sharing roleplay information). As in all large roleplays, the key to everybody's enjoyment of the roleplay is sharing information. A huge quantity of information was given by Felgolos recently. He also alluded to past events (e.g., the finding of Demonbane, the shielding ritual, ...) so, if you do not know about those, you might try and get information about them from other characters. I know that Raona has posted many reports about those (and will most likely post a report about Felgolos's plan too), but try and share the information in game too. This is a perfect topic to start a conversation/interaction with other people and make the world of FK seem alive.
As a side note, information sharing is actually the best way to get involved in a roleplay and taken in "the group". Several of the characters taken along on the roleplay were chosen because they integrated the roleplay into their character's roleplay and were seen talking about it, investigating possible plans, and sharing the tales with other characters. On the contrary, people for which the roleplay seems to exist only when Felgolos is around, are not primary candidates to be taken "in the group". Try and keep that in mind for the next roleplays. :)
Last edited by Dalvyn on Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rennick
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Rennick » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:45 am

Hey everybody. I'm really sorry for the short notice but I just found out that I have to go out of town tomorrow and will probably still not be back in time to log on for the RP. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.
Rennick, Ranger of Mielikki
Tireniel, Crusader of Shevarash
Jarus Altens, Senior Steeleye of Helm
Arvalan Symbaern, Priest of Corellon
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:09 pm

Please make sure to try and learn about the most recent developments regarding Ardeep (see also this).
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:34 am

The second session will take place at this time.

Two members of the group already told me that they wouldn't be able to make it this time. That might or might not be a problem, depending on how far you go. It will not be a problem if all you do is explore the area... but if you start "doing the things that need be done" to get access to the next area, quest bits will be set on each of you; and the characters who are not here will need to re-do those actions (and have those quest bits set) before they can continue on the venture. I am not sure how that can be done without having those characters run through the quest and robbed of the opportunity to find out themselves what need be done.

This quest bit thing can also be a problem for replacement characters, who might have them set if they join the group for the second session, but will most likely not get to continue once the missing characters are back.

I cannot find of any perfect solution to this problem... but I do not really want to give up on this session either (because next will, two other characters might not make it, then two other next week and so on). If you have any suggestion, feel free to mail me.
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:54 am

okayy, stupid question....

Is it 10.44 in the morning Brussels-time?

I'm sorry to ask that but the world-clock-thing confuses me :oops:
Weit in der Champagne im Mittsommergrün,
dort, wo zwischen Grabkreuzen Mohnblumen blühn,
da flüstern die Gräser und wiegen sich leicht
im Wind, der sanft über das Gräberfeld streicht.
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kelemvor » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:42 am

There was a line break in the URL which messed up the 'this time' link

Fixed now, 8pm Brussels time
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:04 pm

Same time as last week, yes. Thanks for fixing the link, Kelemvor.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:06 pm

The roleplay is naturally postponed to next week, since the mud is down.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:18 pm

Are we on for today?
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:12 pm

I'll check it at the planned time and see who is online. We will then decide whether to play today or not.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:30 pm

A reminder that we'll continue today! Our Imm will join us and we will depart promptly at
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... ec=0&p1=48
but it would be great if we can organize, and share what we know about the items we found in the wyvern's nest (or investigate them, if we haven't already), group up, choose a leader for the day, and do similar things before the Imm arrives, so we don't waste his/her time. I'd therefore ask that if you can manage it, you have your character turn up in our normal meeting place at

I hope to see you then!

p.s. It is likely that we will, eventually, get pulled into a place where we will need to remain. So please arrive prepared for the possibility of a long stay, in terms of having a good store of food, components, ammunition, and replacements for things you know tend to get damaged. Thanks!
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:42 am

That was wonderful - thanks to all who gathered a bit early, so that we were able to get a prompt start!

Europe sprang forward an hour last weekend (as all involved in this weekend's RP were probably painfully aware!), so please be sure to check this link for our new (or not new, if you are in Europe) departure time:

As was the case last weekend, it would be wonderful if we can get together a little early (though I think we've less to talk about this time, so not *as* early), and meet in our usual spot at
so that we are ready to depart (or even on our way) when our Imm arrives. If your schedule prevents that, though, we understand.

Thanks again to everyone involved in this RP - it's been a really wonderful experience!
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:54 pm

I will be a bit delayed for tomorrow's session due to work issues. About 20-30 minutes, though I hope it's possible to join a bit later :)
Weit in der Champagne im Mittsommergrün,
dort, wo zwischen Grabkreuzen Mohnblumen blühn,
da flüstern die Gräser und wiegen sich leicht
im Wind, der sanft über das Gräberfeld streicht.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:32 am

Yes, just use "ask" if you are not immediately teleported in. :)
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:44 pm

A reminder that due to several forced absences, this RP will be on hiatus this weekend, resuming on

I'd love to meet a bit beforehand, with those interested, to discuss tactics for keeping our heads and limbs on. Strategy-wise, though, I think we know where we are headed (if we can keep our heads)!
Siria
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Siria » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:45 pm

I am afraid I cannot make it this week. As I said I will have a friend here and I cannot ask her to do something on her own for hours.
I'm really sorry for this.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:17 pm

A reminder that we are on again for this weekend, scheduled to start at

Alas, I will of necessity arrive late, so please do not wait for Raona. I would appreciate a PM letting me know if you plan to attend, arrive late, or will be unable to make it, so that I may send a list of who to expect and wait for to the Imm DMing this adventure. It will also help us arrange in advance for substitutes, should an essential role otherwise go unfilled.

Those expected:
Noreak
Aveline
Longstrider
Tanduil
Raona
Siria
Rennick
Larethiel
Spaki
Kailyn
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:56 am

We are again scheduled to start at
this weekend.

I would appreciate another PM letting me know if you plan to attend, arrive late, or will be unable to make it, so that we may know whether to wait for any missing characters. It will also help us arrange in advance for substitutes, should an essential role otherwise go unfilled.

Those expected:
Noreak
Aveline
Longstrider
Tanduil
Raona
Siria
Rennick
Larethiel
Spaki
Kailyn

Thanks everyone!
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Fri May 04, 2007 10:24 am

At our last parting we planned to meet again at
basically the usual time and place.

However, I know already that Noreak and Kailyn will be unable to attend. I don't know that any save Kailyn and myself have worked on the puzzle, and I don't have a solution to even try (yet). We also have the contents of the big blue bag to deal with, as well as some recent IC events. This leads me to ask if we should avoid wasting Dalvyn's time and get together on our own to work on these matters, though perhaps at our usual time and place.

If any of you have a solution in mind to the puzzle from last time, please say so. We could also go back and just start on the other two puzzles, if Dalvyn has already set aside that block of time and would prefer to proceed.

As time is tight (I've dropped the ball on putting this up in a timely manner this week - sorry!), whatever the outcome of this, I'd appreciate a PM again letting me know if you plan to show up for whatever we decide should take place. Thanks!
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Fri May 04, 2007 10:09 pm

I'll be there at the usual hour. We'll see how it goes.

If you work on the puzzle, it shouldn't be too much of a problem if some people are missing.