!!! MAILING ADDRESSES !!! WEB SITE !!!

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Japcil
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Japcil » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Mask wrote:We have new email lists set up to deal with the various categories. These are visible in 'help email' and repeated here:

fkapplications@lists.skynet.ie - For special roleplay and characters also weddings
fkbuilders@lists.skynet.ie - The area administrators also dwellings and quests
fkcomplaints@lists.skynet.ie - For any complaints you may have
fkpublications@lists.skynet.ie - For submission of bard works

Enjoy!

Marty
There combined Mask's and Kelemvor's post(the bold).
Laitaine
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Laitaine » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:56 pm

It just occured to me that the bardic record keepers will need to have a little tweak - they still point people to the old email address :)
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.
~Terry Pratchett

I think of Cyric as the Helm of the bad-guys.
~ Velius
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:11 am

I know this has already been determined that an email address is currently not been set up for sending in RPs that were done, but I do have one I would like to bring to the attention of the Immortals for review. Where might I be able to send this?
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:42 am

Selveem wrote:I know this has already been determined that an email address is currently not been set up for sending in RPs that were done, but I do have one I would like to bring to the attention of the Immortals for review. Where might I be able to send this?
Since you say "review," might this fall into the complaints category? If so, there is an email for that. If it's a really good RP that you wish to share - I'd have to leave that for someone else to answer.
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:48 pm

It's a good, progressive RP. :)
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Rhytania
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Rhytania » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:17 pm

I always thought it would be a neat feature to have a spot on the forums or website that people could submit logs of outstanding rp sessions and perhaps clean them up and format them in a standard easy to read way, that way it can be uploaded to the forums in an rp section or kingdom journals. It will kinda be a reward to know that your RP was highlighted. I know this crosses the line of IC and OOC but I find RP logs of good RP interesting and always fun to read. I think this is what Selveem was looking for. It can also be a good way to lure in some of the newbie RPers into the game as they can actually see the depth and style of our RP in the mud. The old website (pre-PHP) use to do this as a way to create a sense of history among the mud and newer players, maybe we could reinstate this?
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:44 pm

I mostly needed it because of a specific RP Selveem is in. I feel it fair to let the Imms (especially the ones involved) know the progress. I am not disinclined to share it. I don't think it is blurring the reality of OOC and IC. I believe that because another member of my party could easily have been scried and the person could have told others. One of those others could have told a bard who opened his big yap.

I have already cleaned up the format and removed all the 'fighting' from it and just skimmed over stuff like that and explained what happened during the fight.
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Cret » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:47 am

Im curious if this is correct
fkapplications@lists.skynet.ie - For special roleplay and characters also weddings
Ive sent several emails to this and have gotten no responce over the past few weeks?

As for spelling, its a dirrect copy from the page.. and ive cotten confirmations of send and no mailerdeamon replys.. so as far as I can tell, they are going through..
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:20 am

Any chance that the applications email be used to submit progressive RPs to keep Imms updated (and provide insight) to the roleplay they may otherwise be unaware of?
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:40 am

"help email" (or it might be "help mails" or "help emails") in-game has the most current information.

But yes, a new and clean thread in the HOWTO forum would be a good idea.
Jaenoic
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Jaenoic » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:00 pm

The e-mail Cret mentioned matches the one in the helpfile, so that means it should be correct.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:27 pm

Just to re-summarize what Japcil has above (and perhaps seed a HOWTO), the new addresses are as follows:

fkapplications@lists.skynet.ie - For special roleplay and character requests, weddings, and renames
fkbuilders@lists.skynet.ie - The area administrators, whom you should contact with area code bugs, quest ideas and dwelling applications
fkcomplaints@lists.skynet.ie - For any complaints you may have
fkpublications@lists.skynet.ie - For submission of all publications, including bard works to appear as game objects
Nedylene
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nedylene » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:11 am

As I am just now seeing this post due to lack of home internet.... is the fkbuilders@lists.skynet.ie also the e-mail to apply to build new areas and submit your current areas to be put on test port etc?
Oghma
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Oghma » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:19 am

Yes, you would send those emails to that email. Make sure to explain your intent in the heading.
May you find the knowledge you seek. If you find something else, it is still knowledge, and as such, still a gain.
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Cret » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:15 am

What should we do if we have sent multiple emails to that address and have gotten no responce?
Oghma
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Oghma » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:22 am

Be patient, most likely your emails are being discussed, debated and scrutinized by admins and council members. The old rule of thumb was to give at least 2-3 weeks before rescending an email or asking for an update. Those that monitor the emails are volunteers and work to respond in their spare time. They value your patience on delicate matters as they seek solutions to your questions, applications and problems.
May you find the knowledge you seek. If you find something else, it is still knowledge, and as such, still a gain.
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Mon May 14, 2007 11:32 pm

The publications email says it is only for the submission of bard words. Does that mean that if one has received items for works (e.g. an object containing certain items) but one or more items is missing, the publications email is not the place to send it? Should such a query go to applications instead?

On a slightly different note, is one supposed to seek out who is selling/publishing their book IC (assuming one doesn't have a personal publisher) or is there any way one can be told who is selling it?
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Tue May 15, 2007 1:34 am

I do not get what you mean, Spaki. Did I forget to put an onyx token, or the book in your portfolio?

As for seeking who publishes you well... you would told ICly, but it's not easy for me to do it (because I generally load the characters and give them the portfolio with the book, coins, and token(s), so they aren't generally online when I'm about to tell them where the book is sold). The simplest way to find out where they are sold is... to use magic mirror. And yes, I know this is hard to do that right now. :)
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Tue May 15, 2007 8:16 am

Dalvyn wrote:I do not get what you mean, Spaki. Did I forget to put an onyx token, or the book in your portfolio?
Well, I didn't know non-bard characters got tokens, so it didn't seem an issue at the time, but I know I didn't receive a token for the first book I published.