Blessing of [Insert deity]

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Vindur
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Blessing of [Insert deity]

Post by Vindur » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:04 am

Since that as difference from D&D in FK domains not give you neither feats or specials abilities associated to the cleric's domains (although speaking about this maybe could worth another discussion) I thought the following in order to perhaps improve the usefulness of CHA.

When you become a priest of a coded deity you get a special ability related to your deity, one use for day (or perhaps more), duration and power (and perhaps uses) influenced by CHA.

Each blessing is thematically related to the deity of whom comes from.

Examples:

A priest of Mystra could use blessing of Mystra which would give benefits to concentration and spellcraft skills.

A priest of Gond could use blessing of Gond which would increase trade skills for a while.

A priest of Gruumsh could use blessing of Gruumsh which would increase for a while the STR of those who get the blessing.

A priest of Ilmater could use blessing of Ilmater which whould increase for a while the AC of those who get the blessing.

A priest of Helm could use blessing of helm which affect those who get the blessing by "detect hidden"
Jaenoic
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Jaenoic » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:54 am

I know in Icewind Dale 2(don't know if this is cannon 3rd ed, I don't recall reading it about it in specialty priest sources; could be wrong though) priests of different gods gain different daily abilities. For example, Ilmater's priests gain:
Pain Touch 1/day (Touch weapon that causes a -2 penalty to Str and Dex for 10 rounds)
Ilmater's Endurance 1/day (increase Con by 6 for a number of rounds equal to level)

That said, I really like this idea. I love non-prayer non-arcane X/day abilities like Paladin abilities ect. and wouldn't mind at all seeing more implimented in the game.
Ceara
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Ceara » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:43 am

That's a cool idea :)
Grom
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Grom » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:47 pm

On a side note to this. Blessing said..weapons arrows..bullets etc.. It would be cool if it acted as a magical weapon without any +'s it just was able to hit ghost and other magical things. Due to the god/dess blessing it to do so. More likely when the caster is at a higher level.
You ask 'What is a tri-force?'
Spaki says 'But vessels for godly energies would be hard to come by. Let alone tri-forces.'
Spaki says to you 'Just a word I heard from a fellow with a green tunic.'
Leohand
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Leohand » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:02 pm

Blessing of Sune would be a plus to charisma, eh?

And for Lathander, a long-lasting Fireshield effect.

And for Mystra, a bonus to wand and staffcrafting.

And for oghma a bonus to brewing and scribing.

Some of my ideas.
Windows 95: n.
32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.