[FEAT] Elven blood

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Vindur
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

[FEAT] Elven blood

Post by Vindur » Mon May 07, 2007 2:17 pm

You have been learning about your elven heritage.

You get elven language at grandmaster level and you get the same weapons proficiencies that a elf.

Only half-elves can get this feat.
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Mon May 07, 2007 9:59 pm

Why not just make an elf?
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Lukon
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Lukon » Tue May 08, 2007 5:06 am

Some half-elves are raised by an elven parent, and it would only make sense for these proficiencies to exist. If you made it function like mind over body, etc, I don't see how this would be too imbalancing.
"Everybody dies sometime..."
Rawlys
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Rawlys » Tue May 08, 2007 8:47 am

I guess, other than an interesting RP standpoint, is how do the half elves benefit from this? Like Lathander asked earlier...

After thinking about it a bit, trying to distance myself from my common 'twinkish mode', it would be interesting and beneficial to a half elf who wanted to keep in part with the regular human society and at the same time, strengthen their connection with their elven blood and heritage.

Only issue, if someone is going for this angle, is that if you were so committed to re-establishing or reconnecting with your heritage, wouldn't you be appart from the 'normal' human society already? Devoting yourself to research and interaction, etc.
Amalia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Amalia » Tue May 08, 2007 11:25 am

I would think that this feat would, as you suggest, be largely cosmetic. Mechanically, the only difference between elves and half-elves, if I remember right, is the CON-DEX bonus/penalty, but RP-wise having a human parent is huge. I suspect this feat would remain somewhat rare, since it'd effectively be the use of a feat point for very little or no mechanical benefit (and would likely be available only at early levels), and so there wouldn't be inappropriate slews of half-elves who for some reason were not estranged by their elven relatives.
Dear Enemy: May the Lord hate you and all your kind, may you be turned orange in hue, and may your head fall off at an awkward moment.