silent spell feat

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Scylere
Sword Master
Sword Master

silent spell feat

Post by Scylere » Thu May 10, 2007 6:01 am

This feat wasn't working for my priest.
Oghma
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Oghma » Thu May 10, 2007 6:06 am

To elaborate, and you should always remember to elaborate on your bug postings...This feat for priests does not seem to respond exactly. It will not recognise the blank spell slot at the required spell level, I think it is a very recent bug, but you get messages telling you the slot is not empty when it is.
May you find the knowledge you seek. If you find something else, it is still knowledge, and as such, still a gain.
Japcil
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Japcil » Thu May 10, 2007 7:23 am

Curious if the following works:

>Turn the feat off.
>Memorize the spells in the correct level as if the feat was enabled, so two levels higher I think it is.
>Enable the feat and try it out.
Scylere
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Scylere » Thu May 10, 2007 1:09 pm

Sorry, I didn't elaborate. I just wasn't sure what to say. It simply isn't working.

Scenario is that I cast silence on myself - I just got the Silent Spell feat, so I wanted to test it - and turn on Silent Spell feat and Still Spell feat, then I try to cast dispel magic. The echo I receive is this:
Cast this on yourself? Very well.
You begin to pray.
You make no noise as You completes his spell.
Silent spell mode set to on.
Still spell mode set to on.
You try speak but no sound comes out.
But after more testing, I've found that Silent Spell did work on its own. IE I memorize dispel magic ONE slot higher than normal and have only Silent Spell on.

Then when I memorize dispel magic two slots higher, it won't let me cast the spell.
You begin to gesture.
You make no noise as Goz completes his spell.
You try speak but no sound comes out.
So, I guess it works when the spell is only one slot higher, but not more than that, which negates the purpose of having Silent Spell and Still Spell feats.
Japcil
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Japcil » Thu May 10, 2007 7:30 pm

Ah I see now. I have seen this too. It only wants one higher, no more no less or else the feats dont work with the spell. I think it would make sense to work in higher levels then just one higher.