Areas close to completion

For builders to discuss and ask building questions.
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Areas close to completion

Post by Lathander » Thu May 31, 2007 2:14 am

Are there any areas close to completion and submission to review? If so, please post what they are in this thread and the estimated date of submission for review. I am beginning an rp and would like to know what new areas are coming in that I might be able to incorporate their addition into my rp.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Solaghar
Staff
Staff

Post by Solaghar » Thu May 31, 2007 2:41 am

I'd like to mention there's an area called the Ruins of House Oblodra which is as far as I know, complete, it just needs an admin to review it. Jzexleth completed it before he stopped playing and it was turned over to me to shuffle through to completion. It's on the builder port and I haven't heard anything about it in a while. I'm on a new computer now and I don't have the old file with me, but it could probably have whatever changes are necessary made to it and be in the game within a few days. I just checked and it is indeed still on the test port. Maybe not the sort of area you're looking for, but it'd still be a waste not to get it completed in any case, perhaps before I get serious on my next area I can get it done. So I presume just... needs an admin review and can send back to me any necessary changes.
Amalia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Amalia » Thu May 31, 2007 4:09 am

The Hall of Mists is getting close, I think-- it's my first area, so I'm not positive how much I really have left to do, and I can't make guarantees since I'm currently taking classes. However, with the way things are going I would suspect it should be ready for review by mid-to-late July, tops.
Dear Enemy: May the Lord hate you and all your kind, may you be turned orange in hue, and may your head fall off at an awkward moment.
Lathlain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lathlain » Thu May 31, 2007 7:50 am

The mostly restored Zhentil Keep harbour was submitted for review a few days ago. I believe it's currently with Kregor, but it's all otherwise done!
Duranamir
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Duranamir » Thu May 31, 2007 12:47 pm

Brikklexxt is in on the test port and basically working, though still needs a number of bugs stomping on before going live.

Duranamir
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Thu May 31, 2007 4:39 pm

What are Brikklexxt and the Hall of Mists?

I am looking for a surface area. Underdark won't fit the rp I want to do.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kregor » Thu May 31, 2007 7:46 pm

Ironspur, the dwarven mining settlement in the Galena Mountains, is pretty much ready for first review from Dalvyn. I just need to send him a copy of the flat file.
"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Kregor - Ranger of Tangled Trees
Rozor - Lady Luck's Duelist
Tygen - Ranger-Bard of Mielikki
Amalia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Amalia » Thu May 31, 2007 8:13 pm

The Hall of Mists is a nasty horrific dungeon under the High Forest, and the area I'm building is largely inspired by the information at Wizards.com
Dear Enemy: May the Lord hate you and all your kind, may you be turned orange in hue, and may your head fall off at an awkward moment.
Duranamir
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Duranamir » Thu May 31, 2007 9:11 pm

Brikklexxt is from the the Underdark sourcebook but is not in the Underdark. It is a bugbear and goblin lair somewhere near Tantras. There is a small human village attached.

Duranamir
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Thu May 31, 2007 10:13 pm

Of these then, Brikklexxt, Ironspur and the Hall of Mists all would work for what I have in mind.

If anyone in inclined to get theirs done in the near future, it would aid the rp I have in mind and I can use my rp to introduce the area. I'd rather the area not be accessable prior to this particular rp opening it up. If that doesn't appeal to you, I won't use the area. It might even be possible for me to incorporate more than one of these areas into the rp. Just le me know what is possible according to your own, individual timelines.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Amalia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Amalia » Thu May 31, 2007 11:19 pm

I'll do my best to get the Hall of Mists done soon, so it's at least available should you opt to use it.
Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kregor » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:05 am

I'm willing to time ironspur's opening to correlate to your RP plans
"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Velsavius
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Velsavius » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:50 am

I've had Deepburrow a Halfling community (as near as) finished for a long time but haven't been able to work out a few of the quest kinks.. unfortunately I have of late been putting in seriously crazy hours with work and am not sure I will be able to finish it anytime soon. I offer the area up to anyone who is willing to finish it as I would like to see it in game and if it can be incorporated into a RP to do so that would be fine with me..
PM me if you want to put your hand up and finish the area, am more than happy to see equal recognition for the area and can also answer any questions raised concerning said area.
Will hopefully be able to get back into some game time in the next month or two when work slows down, till then cheers.
Adam
Duranamir
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Duranamir » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:53 pm

I would be very happy for Brikklexxt to be included in any RP, does there need to be a any specific things added/changed to help the RP ?.

I still need to stomp a couple of quest bugs but other than that most things seem to be working in the area.

Duranamir
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:19 pm

The halfling village doesn't really fit into what I want to do. Where will Brikk, Ironspur and the Hall of Mists be placed on the overall map? Please provide vnums if possible.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kregor » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:56 pm

Ironspur is located in the Galena Mountains. That's the mountain range on the north east quadrant of the map, east of the Anauroch desert. There's presently absolutely nothing near there right now in the game. lo vnum is 103800

Amalia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Amalia » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:24 am

Hall of Mists will be attached to the High Forest, not sure of vnums though.
Duranamir
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Duranamir » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:56 pm

Brikklexxt is supposed to be somewhere in some hills nearish to Tantras. Sorry if its a bit vague but the source book is using an Underdark map which is kind of hard to extrapolate to a surface one.

Basically anywhere hilly near Tantras would do.

Duranamir
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:12 pm

I can use Brikklexxt, Ironspur and the Hall of Mists in my rp. In that order most likely. I'm not sure of the order I'll need the first two (I keep vascilating) but the Hall of Mists will definitely be last. I'd like to make the introductions of the areas as a part of the rp. Please let me know when they are ready to be added to the game.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Amalia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Amalia » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:06 pm

I'm in the process of compiling the Hall of Mists in FKcheck, but I likely won't manage to finish debugging until I'm back in town after next week.