Leaving Waterdeep

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:16 pm

Japcil wrote:Psh I dont know how to make those letters... :lol:
Don't feel bad, I don't either. :wink:
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:50 pm

Hmmm right, you can write it "deja-vu" then :)
Belose
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Belose » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:51 am

The thing of it is.. I have done both.. I can RP AND play the game. Also, Braeck is the only 50 level charcter I have... and he's a fighter.. that's why.... Frankkin is getting there.. but it's taking looooonger. That's okay, Frankkin loves to RP.. ask anybody..well, maybe not Moloch, I think he bites. Belose..he's about the same level as Frankkin, but he's a rat and doesn 't adventure much anymore... Anyway, I don't really like smoting for the same reason as 20 line descriptions.. I'm sitting there reading them and my pageline stopped it in the middle of the equipment list..wait! There were people talking to me while I'm reading this description? Some bird pooped on my head and it took me soooo long to notice? I was READING A LONG Description. Really, it takes only 10 lines or less to describe what people see when they look at you. No equipment in the description.. I think that's in the rules somewhere.. or the guidebook...
Also, I can do just as much with socials as I can with smotes. I wish people would use socials more myself. But I do smote some too! It has it's purpose.. but using 3 lines just to turn and walk away, I mean, really!
But it's okay.. I still play with everyone because I like to play the game. I like the RP... I like to go on quests..when I can actually find a group to go.
And Braeck can't just go out and kill on his own.. though he's never tried dragon hunting on his own.. actually, I don't think he's been near any. But I think you get my point. I'll shut up now.. on THIS post.. :wink:
What the Mind of a man can conceive, the Will of a man can achieve.
Neriadin
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Neriadin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:46 am

Well, I recently went on a little jaunt under Waterdeep to help out with a quest. I spent about 20 plat more on repairs than I was able to pick up and sell when all was said and done. On the positive side though, The RP alone made it a fair trade. In addition, I earned enough XP to level and managed to complete a quest of my own...I consider that a bonus!